Wii Biggest Loser workout

Options
Forgive me if this has already been posted. There are sooo many postings that it was hard going back to see if it had been.

But, I was wondering if anyone uses or has used The Biggest Loser for Wii? If so, do you need the Wii Fit Board as well? And was it a good workout, effective and all?

I am contemplating purchasing it but I want to see what other people think of it first.

Thanks for any input you can give....

Susan

Replies

• fdobson
    fdobson Posts: 28
    Options
    I looked it up before purchasing and it seemed more people leaned towards wii active. I bought it this weekends and it is a great workout. I also use My Fitness Coach and Wii Fit Plus. Love them as have had a lot of use out of them.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Wii but I do use a few of the Biggest Loser workouts on DVD and I love them. You can personalize the workouts and they really kick your butt. I have the cardio blast, last chance, and weight loss yoga. They are all great.
  • kkvz79
    kkvz79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started with Wii Active and later bought the Biggest Loser. I LOVE IT! What works for me is to do the 30 day challenge of WiI Active, then 2-3 weeks of Gold's Gym Cardio (boxing) and then 2-3 weeks of Biggest Loser workouts. This way I don't get burnt out of one workout.. I know our Blockbuster has BL - maybe rent before you buy?
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You should rent it before you buy it just to be on the safe side.
  • cwanda2013
    Options
    Does anyone know how to log the Wii Biggest Loser exercise on myfitnesspal? Kind of stuck and not sure how to log it on my personal site?
  • Brittany91389
    Brittany91389 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've used it and I probably still would if I didn't have an amazing gym membership to my local Y. I liked it, the workouts are varied enough to keep you interesting and you can yell at the people on the screen without them yelling back. The only thing I really didn't like about it was the tracking for your motion. The WiiMote just isn't sensitive enough to follow some of the moves and you can be doing them completely correct and it just isn't being sensed and that hurts your "score" at the end of the day.

I also love my Wii Fit Plus. The cycling and the running games kick my butt every time. I do them when I've got 10 minutes of free time. Just enough to get my heart rate up. The games are fun too. Great alternative to spending that time sitting on the couch.

As for logging it, I'm not sure. I use a heart rate monitor so I can enter my calories burned that way.

Feel free to ask me any more questions. Overall, I do love my Wii. Best gift my mom gave me for Christmas in a long time (and this was 6 years ago).
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have the biggest loser wii game, when I put it on it asks if I want to play with the wii board or just the remote - so you can play without the board. I like the workouts on it, even though I ache for days after doing workouts that involve squats lol :)