SAHM 6/7 - 6/13

Options
We are a group of FABULOUS sahm's who are committed to our good health goals. We are informal but do challenge each other too. and we totally get the unique roles we play and the struggles that follow in trying to get fit and take care of our families and homes. :) come join the conversation at any time. we welcome newcomers!

Replies

• twoes
    twoes Posts: 30
    Options
    Ok- I've seen this a couple times now and have to ask, what is SAHM?
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    twoes- It stands for Stay at home mom!
  • nicolee516
    Options
    GM everyone! I hope you all had a good weekend! We did! I kinda hurt my ankle a little bit from running in work-out shoes, but I will be okiedokie! We are winding down school, with wednesday being the last day of school! YAY! We also have found out that 2 of our chikcens are in fact roosters! :laugh:
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

This week I am balancing working 15 hours (with a 30-45 minute commute depending on childcare!) over 5 days with being a SAHM so that should be interesting. Lucky it is a 1-2 times a year thing! So I'm having to do even more planning for meals and getting in exercise... which I think overall will be helpful. I spend more time than I should on the computer. :.

Off to clean some, exercise, shower and get dressed in work clothes before heading out the door in an hour!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Today I am working on housework and laundry. I am hoping to get in a bike ride later on will see how it works out.

Nicole~Hope that your ankle gets better soon.
  • twoes
    twoes Posts: 30
    Options
    Ah! Thank you for the clarification!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    quick fly by to mark my spot! boys are in MDO and I'm busy getting the last of the painting done (not fun stuff like walls though...boring stuff like doors and the outside eaves...boo!) Having a quick lunch (left overs from warm mango salsa chicken...YUM!) and then heading out in the heat. Gotta get my boys in a couple hours so I better get to it!
  • mummaof2
    mummaof2 Posts: 3
    Options
    well im a 24yr old stay at home, whos just starting, im a little scared that im not going to hit my goal but im trying to stay poistive,im not one for "diets" i dont wanna deprive myself at all, so portions is the way to go i hear and workingout of course, i have two children, so im trying to make time for the gym,running and walking with my babies and my hubby im glad i found this site i think its really going to help me out:) if any of you SAHM's have any advice let me know, i dont wanna lift i do not wanna balk up, i was a tiny girl before my babies i was about 109lbs, i gained 40+lbs with my first son & 35ish with my second son its all in my tummy area & those love handles UHG! everything else i dont mind but i have a little in my face legs and arms, but the tummy area is key, i hate it, uhg lol....so any advice or hints would be great :) thanks
    and good luck to you all i see some of u are doing great :D
  • princessleia1980
    princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I've had a naff couple of days cos I found a lump in my breast. So much for my excitement at finding them under the flab! I'm trying to stay calm and I will go see a doctor tomorrow if I can get someone to watch the kids. I'm feeling really tired and really unmotivated to do any exercise and I've always found my comfort in food so am really trying to avoid bingeing.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Princess, it could be nothing. Let's stay positive & keep fingers crossed. Lumpy boobs are not uncommon, so let's hope that's the case :)

Finishing up shopping for my trip next week. Today I bought my very first tankini. I also got new bras. Just need some new undies, and a dress, and I'm set. Finished Grace's activity purchases (lots of coloring, reading, and fun stuff). Looking forward to buying LOTS of snacks for the trip next week. Who knows what food will be available during the day of travel until I can get some groceries in NY, so I will survive on Larabars ;) Grace will get good stuff too (Good Earth store raid!). I read that you can take food on as long as it's pre-packaged & still sealed. I'm pretty sure they'll have to let me anyway since I have diabetes & a little person with me.
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Princess~That sucks I hope that it turns out to be nothing to worry about!

mummaof2~Welcome! You can do anything you put your mind to. If I can change my eating habits and find time to exercise you can too. I have 7 children from 9 yrs to 9 months, pretty much one every year. The key is to work it into your schedule and if possible have the Daddy help out while you workout if not then just find something you can do with the kids or with them around. I really like to hook up a bike trailer to the bike and go for a bike ride as a family. If the hubby can't watch them or we can't go for a ride as a family then I will just do a workout video and have the older kids entertain the younger ones.
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Trish~Way to go on the planning ahead on the food for the trip. I hope that you are able to take the food with you and eat it. You never know what they will say.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    FYI - those who voted for me to win free LASIK! results were in today and I won by 72 votes! It was a CLOSE race!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Congrats Melissa!! When do you get to have it done??
  • KatieM7
    Options
    GM ladies!

Congrats Melissa!

Today started AWESOME! :happy: It is check-in day for me the vote is in~I lost 1 lb. Now the best of it is that in the last two weeks I have lost 1/4" off my neck, 2" off waist and 1/2" off hips. At this point I am on top of the world!:love:

Hope you all have a wonderful day!:smile:
  • nicolee516
    Options
    That is great Melissa! I am so glad to hear you can get your Lasik Surgery!

KatieM!!!!!! That is sooooooo great! Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:

2 days of school....yay!!!!

Trish- Tankini! :drinker:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    hi girls! welcome mumma!
    and princessleia--let's think for the best!

i am in the new house and finally have internet access! and i REALLY like it here so far! the kids are LOVING the stairs and backyard--so many roly poly's to find and make "homes" for. and the stairs are great launching pads, right?

today was the first day i could do school with the little ones too. definitely gonna be diff than what i thought....not bad, just different.

all went pretty well with the move itself. we're still unpacking (no surprise there) and they damaged our kitchen table (big gouge in it)--but we got the insurance this time, so it'll work out.
    tonight will be my first night cooking at home. wish me luck!

and congrats all around--wt loss, tankinis, roosters (haha), and pushing along. you are all so AWESOME!!
    and trish, that new family picture is adorable.
    and katie--you have totally lost the pounds--can so see it in your face. and you are a powerhouse with the painting. i don't even want to CLEAN this place much less paint it. !

will chk in later. so glad you're all still here and doing GREAT!
  • princessleia1980
    princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Its okay, its just an infection. I've been put on antibiotics to clear it up.

However my 3 yr old had her finger slammed in a door and has broken it and nearly severed it so I have been in hospital all day and will be tomorrow!

Congrats to the losses! Congrats on the Tankini! Congrats on the Lasik! Well done everyone!
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Stacey- Iwas wondering how the move went! yay! I know you will do great with the cooking! You are so creative!

Princess- WHEW! on the boobie, but I am sorry to hear about your little one! I hope she is ok!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    KatieM, I figured out the kashi ball problem. Ready? Kashi GoLean CRUNCH (honey almond flax) and the white chocolate peanut butter. I think it'll actually stick & make a ball better, more surface space & stuff.