Low Calorie Chocolate dessert recipes?

Options
I need a serious sweet tooth cure that involves chocolate...any ideas or recipes???

Replies

• byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    chocolate pudding made with skim milk
    chocolate low fat milk
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice makes a premium fudge ice cream bar that is so chocolatey and creamy. It really satisfies a chocolate urge. What makes it even better is that it's sugar free and only 100 calories, and it doesn't have a sugar free taste. You would swear that you were eating a "real" fudge ice cream bar.
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I like taking a box of devil's food cake mix, mixing with 12 oz of water (pay no attention to what it tells you to add on the box) then baking as normal. I then take 2 tbls of peanut butter and mix it into a tub of fat free cool whip and top the cake once cooled. I believe it is 12 servings and around 200 calories. Depending on what cake mix and peanut butter you use. Happy hunting!
  • Chantelle160
    Chantelle160 Posts: 127
    Options
    Black bean brownies they are so delicious.

1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
    3 eggs
    3 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1 pinch salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    3/4 cup white sugar
    1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
    1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)

Directions
    1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish.
    2.Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, and instant coffee in a blender; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.
    3.Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.

They are about 126 calories per serving.
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    weight watchers giant oreo bars...mmmmmm...
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Smart Ones Double Fudge Cake in the frozen food section.
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options

3 eggs
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1 pinch salt
    3/4 cup white sugar

Directions
    1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish.
    2.Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, and instant coffee in a blender; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.
    3.Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.

I'll have to try this. I'll probably substitute applesauce for the vegetable oil and may substitute like 2 of the eggs for just egg whites. Thanks :)
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Jessica Seinfeld has a great inexpensive cookbook called Deceptively Delicious. The chocolate brownies are exceptional as are the chocolate pudding and chicpea choc chip cookies. I am sure that you could find the recipes floating on the internet or even check the book out at the library. The bean recipe above looks interesting and I love when you get the goodness of veggies and legumes in a delicious treat. You get to be good and bad at the same time! Good luck and I will watch for other ideas as people answer your request! After all who doesn't need chocolate fix ideas!!!!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    jell-o sugar free fat free pudding with low-fat animal crackers, nuts, or fruit.

i haven't tried these, but those jell-o mousse cups look good and they're low cal.

any fresh fruit drizzled with chocolate syrup. (the real stuff isn't too bad if you only use a little, but they also have sugar-free and even 0 calorie syrups)

cocoa-roasted almonds made by emerald

a small square of high potency organic dark chocolate

100-calorie packs. (so many chocolatey options!, but personally, they don't hit the spot for my cravings)

quaker delights or chewy bars
  • taramarie123
    taramarie123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump:)
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow is a great company with ice cream fudge bars for 40 cal's 100 cals and 150 (sandwhiches). Breyers also has a good selection of 100 cal stuff. Yummy.
    I like angel food cake for a low cal cake myself and fat free whip cream as icing with berries.
    I also would like to try those black bean brownies.
    I like fibre1 bars as a treat (sugar still high) but only 140 cal and tastes like a choc bar.
    Low fat, low cal choc pudding or the white choc pudding, YUMMY
    Even low cal jello can help with a sweet craving. I also find strawberries to be very filling.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    I like taking a box of devil's food cake mix, mixing with 12 oz of water (pay no attention to what it tells you to add on the box) then baking as normal. I then take 2 tbls of peanut butter and mix it into a tub of fat free cool whip and top the cake once cooled. I believe it is 12 servings and around 200 calories. Depending on what cake mix and peanut butter you use. Happy hunting!

oh man that sounds soo good!
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options

3 eggs
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1 pinch salt
    3/4 cup white sugar

Directions

hmmmmmm.......this just sounds really odd. Taste anything like it sounds?
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of really yummy-sounding ideas in here. I'll have to refer back to this one from time to time.
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    Weight Watchers Caramel Crunch frozen dessert has about 180 cals and Ben & Jerrys Choc Fudge Brownie FroYo is delicious, tastes like the real thing and is about 230 cals per 100 grams. I wouldn't have it everyday but it definitely kills any chocoloate craving!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I take a couple of the Dove Delights Dark Chocolate, melt it up, dip strawberries in it and refridgerate for a couple of hours. It is less than 100 calories for 5 huge strawberries, which take 2 squares to cover. A PERFECT dessert and healthy!