overeating

Options
.... bad day .... stress causes eating .. like crazy.. forgetting goals.. how can i get myself back on track .... IS THE answer as simple as to not eat tomorrow because of the carb over load today.

Replies

• CRMstar
    CRMstar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think so. I always fall off the wagon when I overeat and then punish myself. You just fall back into binge eating again soon down the road. What I do to avoid this thinking is, if I eat way over my max calories, I just reduce 100 calories or so from the following days of the week. If you keep track of calories per week more than days, you can still stay on top of your deficit. Treat yourself to low calorie treats to keep the over eating under control and minimize damage. I like Arctic zero ice cream substitute (150 calories per pint). I keep them around in case I cant stop my snacking. I also keep wheat puff cereal (60 cals per cup), unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and junk cereal in my house. I mix a smaller portion of my sugary cereal, wheat puffs and milk with some splenda and have a huge bowl at around 160-180 calories or so. Special K makes "cracker chips" that are very tasty and only 110 calories per 27 chip serving. You can also use special k crackers at around the same calories as the chips and put skinny cow light cheese wedges on them. You can calculate the calories you have left for the week and try to divide it evenly between the days you have left. If you will be way under by doing this, then just eat normally and forget about it. it happens. Keep low cal junk food around for times like this.
  • littlebre33
    littlebre33 Posts: 318
    Options
    Just remember that we are human and emotions can make us do certain things we may not want too. Tomorrow is a new day

You don't fail by falling down, you fail when you don't get back up! Keep your head high!
  • ellygolightly
    Options
    My nutiritionist told me that I should be eating 1200-1400 calories per day (based on my size), so I put MFP calorie intake allowance on 1200 so even if I go over, if I'm under 1400, PAT ON THE BACK :)

Surely you have a RANGE rather than a total limit? I think having a range helps me stay more motivated because I know I haven't completely stuffed it if I'm over 1200.

Either way, don't beat yourself up! We all have our not-so-great days, just eat well tomorrow, you'll be ok!