Posterior Tibial Tenditis

Options
Does any one have this? Have you been able to walk or run normally? What treatments are you doing? Have you had any success with calf stretches? Do you use an orthotic shoe insert or walking brace? Have you found that as you lost weight it improved? Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Bump maybe the night shift has some experience.
  • Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    Options
    I don't have it but I do diagnose people with it from time to time (I'm an electroneurodiagnostic technologist). Stretching, alternating hot and cold, NSAIDS, foam rolling and massaging will all gradually help it to subside. It usually does get better if the patient loses weight. Especially if they have to walk or stand a lot while they are working or during other obligatory activities. Tendonitis occurs when someone frequently and repetitively puts a tendon under a stress for which it is not designed, well suited or (in some cases) capable of handling. Logically, becoming stronger muscularly and reducing your bodyweight would reduce the amount of stress on your tendons and would make them more suited to whatever tasks you are performing.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I don't have it but I do diagnose people with it from time to time (I'm an electroneurodiagnostic technologist). Stretching, alternating hot and cold, NSAIDS, foam rolling and massaging will all gradually help it to subside. It usually does get better if the patient loses weight. Especially if they have to walk or stand a lot while they are working or during other obligatory activities. Tendonitis occurs when someone frequently and repetitively puts a tendon under a stress for which it is not designed, well suited or (in some cases) capable of handling. Logically, becoming stronger muscularly and reducing your bodyweight would reduce the amount of stress on your tendons and would make them more suited to whatever tasks you are performing.

Thanks for the advice Loft
  • hulahooper17
    Options
    I have extremely flat feet, which has led to Achilles Tendonitis, Sever's disease, and the like. I wear orthotics, but there are some days I want to wear cute shoes. So the general rule is if I don't wear them for one day, i need to wear them the next. I have to be very diligent in keeping them loose, which means stretching them daily and doing the occasional massage. I have kind of a weird gait from years of overpronation, but otherwise i walk and run fine. High impact exercise is tough, but if I take care my ankles it turns out okay. I've been dealing with this for years so I'd love to help!