Fat loss supplements/burners for women?

Options
aecole87
aecole87 Posts: 26 Member
Any women using any really great products for fat loss on top of their diet/exercise plan? I heard Hydroxycut Elite was pretty good but after reading the reviews on bodybuilding.com it seems like mostly men use it and that it's got some pretty strong side effects. Any feedback/thoughts are welcome!

Replies

• uponmytoes8884
    uponmytoes8884 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've had a really good experience with OxyElite Pro. I took it for awhile last spring and just recently started again. I am VERY sensitive to 'uppers' and this does not make me feel lightheaded or weird. Just focused and full of energy. The makers recently took out the 1-3 dimethyl from the OxyElite and re-released it. I still prefer the old version (if you can find it where you live). I take one in the AM and then another in the afternoon before I run. Good stuff!!
  • uponmytoes8884
    uponmytoes8884 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I should add that NO fat burner is effective unless you are working out and eating properly.. it should only assist you in your weight loss/overall fat burning.. :)
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Exercise is a great fat loss supplement (just sayin)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit and exercise.

Save your money.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit and exercise.

Save your money.

yup.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    I bought a 2-pack hydroxicut late last year before I started p90X and started eating properly. I lost 28 lbs+ and 14% body fat without using the 'fat burner'. Hmm...I'm not sure if I still can return them to costco. LOL
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Any women using any really great products for fat loss on top of their diet/exercise plan? I heard Hydroxycut Elite was pretty good but after reading the reviews on bodybuilding.com it seems like mostly men use it and that it's got some pretty strong side effects. Any feedback/thoughts are welcome!
    Best product is called a free weights.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Best product is called a free weights.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I was coming here to post that is heard of a great one called exercise. For once, we agree. :)

Short cuts mean you'll just gain it all back.
  • SexyTmar
    SexyTmar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am trying extra strength lipozene, but haven't been on it for very long. My sister recommended it and said it really worked for her.

If you take it as directed, it is intended as an appetite supressant. Before taking it myself, I did notice that it seemed to give my sister more energy. My husband jokingly referred to it as legalized speed, because my sister just seemed so energized!

It is available at Walmart and their site has reviews at the following link:

http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/10451946/lipozene-maximum-strength-fat-loss-supplement-30ct-2-pack-reviews/reviews.htm
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/WhoTheHellIsBen/view/diet-pills-and-the-idiots-who-use-them-454953
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    1) Every diet supplement says "with diet and exercise." That's an indication of what actually does the work.

2) If a pill was good enough to make you lose weight, there'd not be a fat person left in America.
  • Bubsys_mom
    Bubsys_mom Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Q: "Fat loss supplements/burners for women?"
    A: They are a crock of s**t and a waste of money. End of story.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I want to know how these "supplements/burners" work. Don't you notice they never say "how" they work? What are the effects on the body? They never tell you! Why?
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    everyone I know that have use weight loss suppliments gained all that weigts right back as soon as they stopped using it. all that crap is not good for your body at all, what is good and your body will love is a good diet, not a 1200 calorie starve yourself diet, but a good TDEE minus 20% of good healthy food, and a good amount of exercise, and the crazy part is, it works, very well, and then the weight stays off as long as you keep up the good habits
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I've heard rave reviews on this new thing called methamphetamine. Apparently the side effects are a bit rough though.
  • jakkidoodles
    Options
    I've heard rave reviews on this new thing called methamphetamine. Apparently the side effects are a bit rough though.

Chortle
  • aecole87
    aecole87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Calm down people. I am sticking to my calorie counting and exercising with lifting 2-3 times a week. I was asking NICELY about advice on supplements ON TOP of diet and exercise plans. GEEZ!!!! Who needs all the sarcasm and snarky comments?! Just wanted some advice!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Calm down people. I am sticking to my calorie counting and exercising with lifting 2-3 times a week. I was asking NICELY about advice on supplements ON TOP of diet and exercise plans. GEEZ!!!! Who needs all the sarcasm and snarky comments?! Just wanted some advice!

You got good advice here. Don't let your frustration of how it was delivered sway you from it.
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    Hey

I got some yesterday. took them as advised, felt good and done my workout. I had taken them at 4pm and never slept a wink last night and still feel 'buzzing' just now. Its such a horrible feeling. I was just wanting an energy boost really but blegh. I'm in the uk and used semtex but from what i hear the ones on myprotein called thermopure are good. I'm just going to put it down to bad judgement in my case and try to do it with diet and exercise alone. I'm not used to high caffeine either so mybe it was too much for me, everyone is different.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

There's a reason so many people said the very same thing to you. short cuts just don't work in the LONG TERM. They may help you drop a bunch of weight quickly (and unhealthily) but what happens when you stop taking the pills? What's the endgame? Much better to figure out the best way for you to lose weight through a combination of exercise and eating well that you can maintain the rest of your life without having to resort to dangerous pills. It's much, much cooler to know that you have absolute control over your body, than to give that control away to pharmaceutical companies and the weight-loss industry.

Do it the right way, and you'll be happy you did.

Work out an extra day a week, and eat more whole foods, and the weight will drop off.