Overnight Oats with Chia Seeds Recipe

Options
Palak1020
Palak1020 Posts: 94 Member
I eat breakfast every morning, but it's always at my desk when I get to the office. I want to get as much sleep as possible, so I make my breakfast at night, leave it in the fridge, throw it in my purse in the morning, and then eat it when I get to the office. Lately, I've been making this concoction of chocolate soymilk, chia seeds, and oats. I've done various takes on this - different flavors of almond milk, frozen fruit, coconut milk. They're all delicious, filling, and healthy. To be honest, the chocolate one I've been making recently tastes more like a dessert than breakfast.

10.JPG

The full post with more photos is here: http://palakspalate.blogspot.com/2013/03/overnight-oats-with-chia-seeds-recipe.html

But it's basically just this:
1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
1 packet Splenda (or your sweetener of choice)
1/2 cup oats
1 cup of chocolate soymilk (I use Silk brand, the light version)

Replies

• tinyjaz
    tinyjaz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I also eat this at my desk every morning. I add almond/soy milk, greek yoghurt and frozen berries to the oats and chia seeds.
  • toodloo
    toodloo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats are the boooooommbbbb! I do mine with almond milk, greek yogurt, and banana :) Mm mm mmmm.
  • scpeach04
    scpeach04 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Love doing overnight oats! And I love chia seeds! I have an apple cinnamon one waiting for me in the morning! :)

Chia seeds are also great added to smoothies.
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I make the same thing (almost) everyday! So delicious and so easy in the morning. Mine is usually vanilla, but I bet the chocolate would be amazing with some walnuts. Here's what I make:

1/2 cup oats
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 tbsp walnuts
    1/2 tbsp honey
    1/2 tbsp chia seeds
    1 tsp cinnamon
    3/4 cup frozen berries on top - they thaw overnight while the oats are soaking
  • imperfect188
    Options
    I always start my day with a bowl of oatmeal. I've never soaked them overnight but I'm trying it tonight for tomorrow. I don't know what chia seeds are but I will definately pick some up when I go grocery shopping next. I'm always open to trying new things.
  • Emeener
    Emeener Posts: 28
    Options
    Oooh, me too! I can't really do this in my dorm, but over the summer I made this all the time. The best version I've ever made is when I make a green smoothie the night before (1 banana, 1 cup almond milk, a giant handful of spinach, and a tbsp of chia seeds) and then mix it with the oats. It's bright green the next morning and so so so good.
  • ladycoy
    ladycoy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Do you need to cook it in the morning?
  • ladycoy
    Options
  • ladycoy
    Options
    http://www.katheats.com/?page_id=3889

Found this web page and no dont need to cook
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm doing this tonight. Of course, I've said that several times, and I always forget. I love my warm oatmeal in the morning...but when the weather finally warms up (if it ever does) I'm thinking this would be nice.
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Palak1020
    Palak1020 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

Nope, you don't need to cook it. I usually eat it cold (so it's like a pudding), but you can absolutely heat it up, if you like hot/warm oatmeal!