Calorie intake

Options
I am trying to loose weight; I diet and I exercise almost daily. Am I suppose to stay at 1200 calories whether I work out or not? I am generally between 1200 and 1400. However, my daily reading states I am under my calorie goal. Please help!!!

Replies

• jack1925
    jack1925 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am set at 1200 calories as well. I try to stay between 1200 and 1500 though. I think that if you sersiouly under 1200 calories a day (like 200+) then you probably need to consume more. I usually try not to be under by 15-20 calories. And sometimes I don't eat back my calories when I work out. And I've been doing pretty good for the most part. Lost almost 10 pounds in 8 weeks.
  • cuneo2709
    Options
    Hi,

I have been doing exactly the same, eating between 1200-1500 and have not lost anything. I am so frustrated! I am an ER nurse so I do not STOP for 12 hours each shift (work 3) and I do hot yoga 2-3 times a week which is a big work out. I eat very healthy, fruits/veg/chicken breast/brown rice/beans etc. Only sweet I eat and not always is dark chocolate but still staying within the calories.

I am not going to throw in the towel, but am hoping someone can give me an idea of how to get out of this rut. I lost 40lbs on weight watchers, want to lose 20 more. I have been stuck between 153/150lbs for over 2 months. I think I am at a set point to get to the 140s. It happened when I went from 180s -170s but this time it is being even more stubborn.

HELP! : )

C
  • Katedineo
    Katedineo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough sleep? I know how you feel when you are stuck at a certain weight and although you are doing what worked in the past, nothing is shifting. I have found that the body needs something totally different. It has adapted to the "stress" of the work outs. It's time to switch it up and force your body to adapt again. change from hot yoga to Internal training, and weights.
    Sleep is big. The body needs the rest. 7-8 hours.
    also water water water.
    hope this helps
  • jessvolpe
    jessvolpe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have been doing exactly the same, eating between 1200-1500 and have not lost anything. I am so frustrated! I am an ER nurse so I do not STOP for 12 hours each shift (work 3) and I do hot yoga 2-3 times a week which is a big work out. I eat very healthy, fruits/veg/chicken breast/brown rice/beans etc. Only sweet I eat and not always is dark chocolate but still staying within the calories.

I am not going to throw in the towel, but am hoping someone can give me an idea of how to get out of this rut. I lost 40lbs on weight watchers, want to lose 20 more. I have been stuck between 153/150lbs for over 2 months. I think I am at a set point to get to the 140s. It happened when I went from 180s -170s but this time it is being even more stubborn.

HELP! : )

C

Are you still doing WW or are you strictly going by calorie intake now? Make sure you account for your very active lifestyle. You may need to be eating more!
  • jessvolpe
    jessvolpe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Jackie are you continuing to lose weight? What does MFP have set for your calorie goal? Is it because of adding exercise calories that your net goal is under 1200 for the day?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    you're probably undereating.

yes, at 1200-1400 calories.

check this out for reference: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12