Smoothies-Protein Shakes

Options
RunningofftheEX
RunningofftheEX Posts: 78 Member
Looking for some ideas for making a smoothie? Want to try something different so I am not eating all of the same things all the time. Plus since I drive 40 minutes to work be a good thing to consume on the way. I was thinking about just doing a plain protein shake but like I said don't want to be doing same thing day in day out. What are some good things to add to a protein shake if any??? Never tried a smoothie and not real quick to try new things, very picky eater so thoughts or recipes??????

Replies

• mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    quick and easy - i use protein powder, fiber powder, 1-2 handfuls of spinach, handful of baby carrots, 1 banana and a few ice cubes.
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
  • _TEMPEST_
    _TEMPEST_ Posts: 205
    Options
    Fluff!

1 c. ice cubes (or more if you prefer)
    1 c. skim milk
    2 scoops protein powder
    1 packet sugar free jello

Blend the ice and milk to make your smoothie base
    Add the protein powder and blend very well. It will begin to puff up and get creamy.
    Add in the jello powder -- just the packet of powder, NOT prepared jello -- and blend until mixed all the way through.

Try vanilla protein powder with orange jello...it tastes like an amazing creamsicle!!
  • Kathymomof4
    Options
    I am so trying this!! thanks for sharing.:wink:
  • motogsp
    motogsp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I like to ad frozen fruit to vinalla protien poweder. Just some water poweder fruit and a blender. At the grocery store they have all kinds of frozen fruits to choice from.
  • Queen8shaq
    Options
    Bump
  • RunningofftheEX
    Options
    Awesome thanks
  • tigermorris
    Options
    I like to use frozen strawberries- 1 cup and raspberries- 1 cup with whey protein pwder1 or 2 scoops, with water-about 1 1/2 cups and blend- I put in 2 cups, and then I have one for the next day. I use chocolate protein mix. I just started to put Kale in and it is not bad, it is not much different. I am going to try the spinach leaves also. I have one everyday for breakfast. Sometimes I use frozen bananas or blackberries. I have also tried the strawberry protein powder.
  • Bbchgrama
    Options
    This morning I made a blueberrie protein drink and it was amazing.
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder
    8 oz. of skim milk
    6 ice cubes
    30 fresh blueberries
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    DILLIGAF Shake

3 scoops chocolate protein
    1 cup skim milk
    8 famous amos cookies
  • mercymarque
    mercymarque Posts: 450
    Options
    2 handfuls of spinach, one 6 oz cantainer of greek yogurt, pb2 or peanut butter, one banana and 3/4 cup of Almond Milk

one banana, one avocado, 6 oz greek yogurt, 1 1/2 cup oj, 1/4 cup honey and some ice cubes
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Milk
    Whey Protein Isolate
    Banana
    Peanut/Cashew/Almond Butter
  • mrspeterson
    mrspeterson Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My everyday shake:

1T chia seeds in 4 oz. water (stir and let gel for 15 minutes)
    4 oz kefir (strawberry, raspberry)
    2 scoops chocolate whey powder
    ice cubes

high in protein, fiber, and EFA
  • aboure
    aboure Posts: 11
    Options
    Any for dairy-whey-soy free ideas? I have been blessed with intolerances to anything that tastes good!
  • LovelyLaura2321
    LovelyLaura2321 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i love banana and cantaloupe with vanilla whey protein powder and almond milk

peanut butter, banana, unsweetened cocoa powder and cinnamon with milk and ice

blueberries, spinach, and bananas

rolled oats is really good in smoothies! it gives it a different texture, but it's so filling
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I use packaged frozen fruit a lot: strawberries, blueberries, peaches, & cherries. I also use fresh fruit when I have it. You can add fat free cream cheese and make it taste like cheesecake. If you peel a banana and put it in a ziplock bag, you can freeze it without it turning brown, and it's awesome in a shake (it makes it thick like ice cream). Sometimes I add peanut butter too. You can also add a tbsp or two of sugar free pudding to change things up. Just experiment and see what you like. I personally don't like the veggies in my shakes, but a lot of people do.
  • LovelyLaura2321
    LovelyLaura2321 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Any for dairy-whey-soy free ideas? I have been blessed with intolerances to anything that tastes good!

my fiance makes his smoothies with rice milk, pumpkin puree, spinach, frozen berries, and cherries.
  • kaltey
    kaltey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I add silken tofu to mine, sounds weird but you can't taste it and it's only 50 calories, but adds 6 grams of protein per serving.
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Here is one I've been obsessed with lately:

Orange Creamsicle Smoothie

3/4 c. almond milk + 3/4 c. orange juice + 1 frozen banana + 1-2 peeled oranges
    + 2 T. ground flaxseed meal + 1 t. vanilla + 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    + 1/2 t. orange extract + sprinkle of cinnamon + good handful of ice cubes
    Throw it all in the blender. Top with light whipped cream. Makes two servings.

HEre are some others I have found:

The Green Smoothie
    2 large handfuls of spinach + 1/2 c. almond milk + 1/2 frozen banana + 1 t. honey
    + 1 T. ground flaxseed meal + 2 heaping spoonfuls of light vanilla yogurt
    + 1 small apple + good handful of ice cubes
    Throw it all in the blender. Top with light whipped cream. Makes one serving

THe Peanut Butter Smoothie

PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE **
    1 frozen banana (cut up in chunks)
    1 heaping tablespoon of peanut butter
    1/2 c. almond milk
    drizzle of honey
    5 ice cubes
    Blend it all up and enjoy!

Pumpkin Smoothie
    1/2 frozen banana
    1 c. almond milk
    heaping spoonful of light vanilla yogurt
    1/3 c. pumpkin
    handful of ice cubes (5-6)
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    dash of pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon
    Top with light whipped topping and sprinkle with cinnamon.
    Makes 1 serving of 308 calories.
  • RunningofftheEX
    Options
    Some good stuff to try that's for sure