Slipping Backwards and Need Some New Friends & Support

Options
Hi, I am Laura, 38. I had been using this site on a daily basis last year and was doing well. I had lost 30 pounds by years end. I haven't been on a scale since January 1st and am afraid to do so because my eating has not been the best these first two months of the year. I know I have not slipped too far so I want to make sure to reverse the direction and continue moving forward.

I am looking for some new friends for encouragement, motivation and support.

Replies

• gish27
    gish27 Posts: 78
    Options
    good luck with your goals,feel free to add
  • DeboraRN
    DeboraRN Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey there. Im pretty new here. I am 38 as well with a lot of weight to lose! i'll add ya!
  • GodsDiva76
    Options
    I am new today feel free to add me!! I am looking for support Anyone that want to add me feel free I need your support!!

Good Luck to you!!!
  • gregr072
    gregr072 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am in a similar boat. I had lost a bunch of weight, was exercising quite regularly, then I was injured. I never got back on the horse, and slipped and slipped and slipped. After my most recent physical I diecided to really focus on my diet as well as exercise. Feel free to add me as well!
  • margottsponer
    margottsponer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm very new here. I would like to add you as a friend here. I have just gotten started using this site and need to have some accountability for myself as well.
  • francescapalleschi
    Options
    Hi, I just started using MFP and I have about 60ish pounds to lose. I would love to be your friend and anyone else's who is into the cheerleading game for each other :) Feel free to add me!
  • aimee5614
    Options
    Add me too!!! :)
  • omoburuku29
    omoburuku29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm just back in the game myself. I lost about 20 lbs, then my mom passed away in October, and I fell off the wagon. I could use some support too. :-)
  • 4sunsctnd
    Options
    Hi Ladies... I need support too. I know I can lose, but I can't stay away from eating while I am bored or eating while my 4 boys are chowing down... which is constantly! I have the fruit and veggies in the fridge, but that chocolate chip cookie tastes sooo much better.
  • ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura, I am brand new to this site and ironically we share a very similar story! I am 41 and back in May 2011 I weighed my heaviest at 169lbs, standing 5'4 tall. I got myself motivated and lost 30lbs by the end of 2011, and have been able to maintain my weight up until now. Although it's not much, 5lbs have crept back up on me and I'm the first to admit that I've gotten totally lazy with my exercise habits. They have disappeared! However when I stepped on the scales over the weekend and noticed I was at 147, I said enough was enough, I had to get out of lazy mode. I've found motivation online and have now worked out 2 days in a row and will be headed out for a nice long power walk today. Even though it's cold outside, I refuse to let myself put the weight back on. I've gotten too comfortable and have increased the portions of my meals, and with the lack of exercise it was bound to happen.

Any motivation you need, I'm here to help! Let's not let this extra weight bring us down, we can both fix it and feel better in the process!!
  • ahunter26
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have been using MFP for 2 days now and i like it so far. Feel free to add me.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Laura too. I can also relate because I lost 25 pounds in 2010 and managed to put about 7 of it back on in a couple of years. I'm here to lose it plus some more. I think I'll have to continue to use MFP forever to keep it off! Lol

Welcome and good luck!
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am always here if you want another friend.
  • RunningofftheEX
    RunningofftheEX Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add. Been off MFP for 2 years and just came back 5 days ago. Enjoying the social aspect of it now. Helps with the motivation.
  • mkd1955
    mkd1955 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am good at slipping back and then trying again. I like this site, I can track my meals and see how everyone else is doing. There are so many inspirational stories on this site! I have about 20 pounds to go (I think), and I am using the Medifast/Take Shape for Life plan. I don't have to think about it, everything is packaged.

Together we are stronger, so feel free to add me!

Good Luck!
  • chirlly
    chirlly Posts: 5
    Options
    you can add me :smile:
  • kareyn19
    kareyn19 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Returning to MFP hoping to stay on track this time. Could always use support , feel free to add me.:wink:
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off, on and off. . . .and am now ON! I am currently in a wellness program here at work and have committed to my health coach that this is the ONE THING I will be responsible for over the next 30 days! Baby steps--trying to add all of it back at once was frustrating and I was just overwhelmed with everything I SHOULD be doing but haven't fit into my schedule . . .YET. So here's to being back and making it stick!

Feel free to add me!
  • ahiddenlink
    ahiddenlink Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am in a similiar boat as well. I've been solidly back into it for about 2 weeks now and am also looking for others motivated as well!
  • FitBelleVie
    FitBelleVie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    OP and I are friends now but I thought I would say that I'm in a similar boat and always need friends to help motivate me! I log in to MFP almost every day. Anyone feel free to add me! :)