180+ pounds down with PCOS :)

Options

Replies

• squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Oh my that's fantastic hun well done :flowerforyou: I'm going to show this to my daughter as she's got PCOS and has just started to lose weight. Thanks for posting :smile:
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! Thanks soooo much for posting!! :)
  • FitBelleVie
    FitBelleVie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Great job! You're looking really, really good.
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    WOW!! You are an inspiration! Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • TayzerFun
    TayzerFun Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is incredible to see! I'd like to lose about 90lbs so i can try to start a family. They believe I may have PCOS a well. Thank you for sharing this!!
  • xxempress
    xxempress Posts: 122
    Options
    So beautiful! Thank you for sharing & for being a great inspiration!!!!
  • SuzieBikiniBound
    SuzieBikiniBound Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    WOW- what an incredible lifestyle change you've made! Keep up your hard work and dedication!
  • Bere4ever
    Bere4ever Posts: 188
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome job
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job! :)
  • dreza617
    dreza617 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! Truly an inspiration. You should be very proud of yourself :) congrats!
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! Amazing work! Ignore the lunatic highjackers :laugh: :explode: :huh:
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    OP, you are absolutely a success story and an inspiration to all of us dealing with PCOS. I also have PCOS and IR. I eat according to IPOARM, about 1800-2000/day. I lift heavy weights two or three times weekly, and swing my kettlebell the other couple days.

I've lost a total of 85 lbs, but 55 of that has been since July 2012, when I started eating correctly.

I do have to watch my carbs at this point...I have blood sugar issues, as I said. But I have noticed a great deal of progress since changing what I eat and lifting heavy weights. My hormones seem to be balancing out, slowly but surely. My cycles are pretty much normal these days. Moods are much more even, acne is GONE. I am able to lose weight...

I want to say that there are indeed women out there with both PCOS AND IR who are doing things differently and having great results without resulting to a 1200 calorie diet and cardio.

For those who are interested in PCOS and healing, there's a woman named Amber who blogs under the name "Go Kaleo". She's got a blog, a Facebook fan page, and has just started a group on Facebook as well. She was obese and had PCOS. She now EATS ALL THE FOOD, around 3,000 calories/day, I believe....lifts heavy, and is very active.

http://gokaleo.com/
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRUMPETS

That's the same person?!
    THIS!!!! You have totally changed, and all for the better! Congratulations-you are an inspiration.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Incredible!!!
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Just pure awesomeness!!! I love reading all the success stories and seeing before/after pictures. So happy for you!
  • phyllisann26
    phyllisann26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are truly an inspiration!
  • dustycaravan
    dustycaravan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!! congratulations! :smile:
  • janecl
    janecl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look awesome! A tough journey well done! Keep up the good work! You are an inspiration to us all and thank you for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!