Afternoon munchies

Options
I am really struggling this afternoon the the munchies. I have my day planned out for food but 1 hour until dinner and no extra calories for the day. ARGG

Replies

• majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could have a portion of your planned dinner a bit early, or eat some extra veggies now, or drink lots of water/no-cal liquids to stave off the hunger? Or eat something relatively low-cal and work it off? Best of luck!
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Or eat a low calorie snack and throw in some exercise tonight.
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Veggies veggies veggies!!
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    Cool Ranch Dorito Taco from Taco Bell!!!

Oh wait, that's a different kind of munchie...sorry.
  • jenhanke
    jenhanke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    In the future, maybe bake some Kale chips to have during the week when you want something crunchy...extremely low-calorie and healthy, and you can even make them BBQ flavor by using Mrs. Dash!!
  • levicrouch
    Options
    Veggies veggies veggies!!

Caloric Density.

I eat the steamfresh green beans (with Sriracha drizzled over it) for a snack. It is about 4 cups of food for ~100 calories. Keeps you feeling more full.
  • cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'd go for a low calorie snack like raw veggies if you really can't wait (something a little more filling like broccoli or cauliflower?). Better to satisfy your hunger now with something healthy than binge later because you're still starving after dinner.
  • feelin31
    feelin31 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    What great ideas! I ended up having some EXTREME baby carrots & that took the edge off! You guys are great!
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have sugar free gum when I fancy something to it. I can make a single bit last an hour and only 1.5 calories. I also like to keep several boiled eggs in the fridge for snacks but make sure I only limit to one at a time.
  • lpekny
    lpekny Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A whole dill pickle has about 5-10 calories. It is one of my go to snacks when I don't want many calories.