Strange things I have seen at the gyms treadmills today.

Options

Replies

• NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Boy you'd have fun watching me and my gym buddy then! We do a circuit training routine on the treadmill. We do things like walking lunges, squats, push-ups, walk backwards with butt kicks and grape vines. We sweat our fannies off for about 45 minites and burn at least 400 calories. I also do squats on the elliptical and arm exercises on the bike. Laugh all you want...

I'm impressed! If I tried to do anything other than walk/jog, I'd fall on my ars. Maybe some day. :noway:
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Saw some guy do the crab walk backwards on the treadmill, not slow either.. I'm not sure if I was amused or concerned
    I think I would enjoy watching this, especially as a GIF.
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My gym has a rule about shirts and shoes :laugh:

Saw some guy do the crab walk backwards on the treadmill, not slow either.. I'm not sure if I was amused or concerned

This image made me choke on what I was eating.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    It seems that a lot of people go to the gym, to watch what other people are doing, so they can blog about it.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Please for the love of god.......... STOP HOLDING ON TO THE MACHINE! whats the effen point of putting the treadmill on a steep incline if youre gonna HOLD ON!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????
    DUDE!!! :devil:

Please just get off the treadmill and let a hottie with awesome spandex or a running skirt get on!! :bigsmile:

Because a steep incline is a great way to get the heart pumping. So what if I'm holding on while I'm doing it? Seriously. What is it with these people who are so busy watching everyone else work out and are SO worried and concerned about what I'm doing? Concentrate on your own workout and mind your own business.

*This has nothing to do with the OP because you're talking about the weird things that you see at the gym which are pretty funny.*

I did the elliptical in socks once because I forgot my shoes. This was at the small corporate gym I worked out at and I actually went out to see if anyone had sneakers and they didn't and I was about to change back into my clothes and go back to work but the girl behind the desk wouldn't let me. She said I could do it in my socks LOL.

Its all good in the hood playa.................Im just giving you a TIP......................if YOU let go of the treadmill your workout will be even MORE awesome!
    By holding on your only kidding yourself as to how much of an incline you are REALLY doing.................

And if you paid more attention to your own workout and didn't worry what I or anyone else at the gym was doing your workout would be even MORE awesome!!!
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Boy you'd have fun watching me and my gym buddy then! We do a circuit training routine on the treadmill. We do things like walking lunges, squats, push-ups, walk backwards with butt kicks and grape vines. We sweat our fannies off for about 45 minites and burn at least 400 calories. I also do squats on the elliptical and arm exercises on the bike. Laugh all you want...

I do walking lunges, side jumps, backward walking on the treadmill... Its fun and I love the looks on the faces of all the suckers who think treadmills are only for walking/ running.
  • JustJennie1
    Options

I've done the walking lunges, grapevines and squats on my home treadmill. Tried walking backwards but I'm not coordinated enough for that. Never thought of the push ups but again, I'd probably fall on my face.

Now the question I have for you is: How the hell do you do squats on the elliptical?!
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Please for the love of god.......... STOP HOLDING ON TO THE MACHINE! whats the effen point of putting the treadmill on a steep incline if youre gonna HOLD ON!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????

Please just get off the treadmill and let a hottie with awesome spandex or a running skirt get on!! :bigsmile:

Because a steep incline is a great way to get the heart pumping. So what if I'm holding on while I'm doing it? Seriously. What is it with these people who are so busy watching everyone else work out and are SO worried and concerned about what I'm doing? Concentrate on your own workout and mind your own business.

*This has nothing to do with the OP because you're talking about the weird things that you see at the gym which are pretty funny.*

I did the elliptical in socks once because I forgot my shoes. This was at the small corporate gym I worked out at and I actually went out to see if anyone had sneakers and they didn't and I was about to change back into my clothes and go back to work but the girl behind the desk wouldn't let me. She said I could do it in my socks LOL.

Its all good in the hood playa.................Im just giving you a TIP......................if YOU let go of the treadmill your workout will be even MORE awesome!
    By holding on your only kidding yourself as to how much of an incline you are REALLY doing.................

And if you paid more attention to your own workout and didn't worry what I or anyone else at the gym was doing your workout would be even MORE awesome!!!

Grumpy grumpy
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options

Need another gym buddy!!!! Sounds like a great time to me!!!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options

Got to have something to do while you're resting between sets of weights.

Oh and remember it's YOUR workout and if you're cheating you're only cheating yourself
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I did see a man (foreign) work out in his underwear. The folks at the front desk of the gym had to tell him to put pants on.

At least he had a shirt, socks, and shoes, right?
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

Oh and remember it's YOUR workout and if you're cheating you're only cheating yourself
    OHHH SNAPPPPP on that last quote!!! so true!
  • momtomm
    momtomm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I saw a woman on the treadmill in flip flops.
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It's just if you do something non-standard, I'mma notice, even at the butt-crack of dawn when I'm there.

I'm looking at you, guy who never does leg day on the treadmill in your flipflops and what appears to be your pajamas, flexing your massive biceps, slapping them and kissing them while gently moving your chicken-legs at 4kph. You're just off like a herd of turtles, you are.

Don't be that guy, and we're all good. Also, please do at least one set of squats per week, weird looking guy, before you topple over from being top heavy.
  • JaimieAG
    JaimieAG Posts: 48
    Options
    We have a rule at our gym that you have to keep moving in order to have dibbs on a treadmill.

There's a group of 3 guys who start their workout on the treadmill. In order to reserve the treadmills for his buddies one guy basically ran them all at once and moved quick from one to the next.

It looked strange.

But what a team player XD
  • chaaalgeo
    chaaalgeo Posts: 70
    Options
    :ecause i forgot that other. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do

lol :laugh:
  • JustJennie1
    Options

Well when I rest between sets of weights I'm usually concentrating on what my husband is doing and standing near him so that I can spot him.

And I don't cheat myself on my workouts and I rarely do huge inclines on the TM and if I do I'm probably doing walking lunges or "holding on" with the tips of my fingers.

My whole point was why do people care so much about what someone else is doing? Sure I might look at someone and think "WTF?!" but I'm not going to dwell on it forever and have it annoy me so much that I have to ***** about it all the time. Unless I see someone doing something that is so wrong that it could cause injury I mind my own business.
  • leigh8679
    leigh8679 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks ago the lady next to me was wearing only a t shirt and panties! I don't know what happened to her pants or shoes!!!!
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

There is a girl at my gym that runs at my gym on the treadmill (pretty dang fast) but she seriously puts most of her weight on the bars. She is literally hanging on the bars while her feet are banging down on the treadmill. It is really loud and annoying. I can hear her from across the gym with my music on. I don't understand why she does it!
  • dowesney
    dowesney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Some people hold on to the handle bar on the treadmill so that the machine will calculate and display their heart rate.