haters at gym!!

Options

Replies

• skamnorth
    skamnorth Posts: 43
    Options
    LOLOL sure. I wear make-up to the gym for many reasons. No self-esteem isn't one of them

Also this whole message is ironic.

But I agree. I don't see many haters at all at the gym. People are there for them and focused usually from what I see.

I think the key word here is "maybe". Point was, we don't know anyone's story so there's no need to hate on anyone. People at the gym need to just appreciate that others are there to be healthy and happy, just as them, no matter what they look or act like.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Doesn't phase me any more. Some chick kept staring at me last night and I can only assume it's because I was sweating up a storm. That's what we're all suppose to be there for...

I'm proud of my sweat. I just look at them with an attitude of "yup, that's right". haha.
    Funny enough, I get more positive looks from guys when I work out hard and are sweating. I CAN keep up with them and I'm not afraid to push myself no matter what I look like in the end. Respect, yup that's what it is. ;)
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    LOLOL sure. I wear make-up to the gym for many reasons. No self-esteem isn't one of them

But I agree. I don't see many haters at all at the gym. People are there for them and focused usually from what I see.

I think the key word here is "maybe". Point was, we don't know anyone's story so there's no need to hate on anyone. People at the gym need to just appreciate that others are there to be healthy and happy, just as them, no matter what they look or act like.

Completely agree with that.

Question - how many of you have had "haters" approach you or encountered them. Genuinely curious!
    I think most of the time its our insecurities that scare us from going.

Before being on this site I never even heard of people actually caring about girls wearing makeup to the gym. Certainly never had anyone tell me that during my workout! xD
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Doesn't phase me any more. Some chick kept staring at me last night and I can only assume it's because I was sweating up a storm. That's what we're all suppose to be there for...

I'm proud of my sweat. I just look at them with an attitude of "yup, that's right". haha.
    Funny enough, I get more positive looks from guys when I work out hard and are sweating. I CAN keep up with them and I'm not afraid to push myself no matter what I look like in the end. Respect, yup that's what it is. ;)

nice :)

I think i look sexier when i'm all sweaty after a good workout!
  • KellyDeitrick
    KellyDeitrick Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I don't care what people think...I am there for me and only me. If they don't like it or want to talk about me...so be it. I know that I doing what is best for me and my goals. It is my time to get away and decompress and focus on just me. They can hate all they want!!
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree with this!! Some people act like the gym is high school all over again...arg!! It took a lot of confidence boosting to get my butt to the gym, and Ill be damned if some skinny little college girl is going to ruin that.
  • TrevorFL
    TrevorFL Posts: 5
    Options
    I know the feeling. I am a 52 y/o guy. Just recently decided to go to the gym because I can not afford to live and eat the wait I used to. I am one of the very few guys that go to Zumba class.

The majority of the people there are young. Last night when the class was over I was leaving the gym and I overheard 3 lady's speaking. One of them was telling to the others "Did you see the old guy dancing?, he should be with the seniors at the swimming class". And they laughed, not out laud but they did. They were gossiping. A somewhat cruel comment but that did not bother me. Not cruel bacause they classified me as a senior. That does not bother me at all. Just because I think they should show more respect to others, to everyone and they should not be making fun of others humans being.

Of course they did not realized that I was walking behind them and I was the only guy at the class so definitely they were talking about me.

I did not get offended, I am happy with myself. I started the gym (only one month ago).

But I always speak up my mind so I walked faster and when they realized I was almost behind them they all suddenly stop talking.

I told them that is that is a problem they will have to get used it because I will be there for a long time or perhaps they should change classes if they were not comfortable.

I don't focus on anyone but myself. I have workouts to do and that is all I care. Like somewhat here mentioned before, it is just pure ignorance.
  • kjsmiller
    kjsmiller Posts: 12
    Options
    Everyone has a right to be there.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    that's why I wear headphones and go alone. :-()
  • Nauti_Buoy
    Nauti_Buoy Posts: 135
    Options
    I live on a small Island and there is no "gym" everything I've done has been through dvds like P90X. Cardio was build by swimming and running around the island. But I was privileged to go to a gym while on business and noticed there seem to be a group or people that would not even be working out just huddled up chit chatting staring at everyone who WAS working out and then would make sure to tell you that you were doing it wrong. I challenged one of them to a 5k run road or treadmill and they declined my offer.
  • KimInsanityP
    Options
    Why I love working out at home!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    that's why I wear headphones and go alone. :-()

^^^ yup!
  • Breizier
    Breizier Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this from one of the many overweight people who was too self conscious and intimidated by the spandex brigade to go to a gym.
  • poof30
    poof30 Posts: 4
    Options
    Women are aweful about this. I have seen eye rolling, comments about how long people work out etc....I haven't heard that from the guys at the gym. Why can't we women be more supportive of each other?
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I make fun of myself at the gym....Is that ok with you?....but seriously, I wrote something yesterday about getting some friends on here and got hit on by a 40 year old dude...CUURRR-EEEPY...but worst of all he was the only person to try to be my friend!! HAHA. I almost accepted it just to feel like i was cool with 2 friends... I just wanna be nosey about other peoples eating habits. Theres nothing wrong with that? Right??
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree OP!
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    now you are hating on the girls wearing spandex...diabolical. Just because a girl fits in spandex doesn't mean that she is thinking that everyone else is fat and gross...just a thought. That's profiling. Like that other person said, maybe she didnt used to look like that. Maybe she worked really hard to get there and wants to show it off?? Those people are usually the most encouraging. I know from experience.
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    This is why i love the gym ive joined, im the only woman the rest are bodybuilding men or doormen. They don't give 2 hoots what i do cos they are busy looking at themselves in the mirror worrying about their own form plus the time i go it's only me, the other half and max 2 other people.xx
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    . That girl who wears makeup maybe has no self-esteem and thats the only way she’ll go to the gym.

Exactly, haha. If I put on make up in the morning I'm not gonna take it off just to go to the gym... :grumble:
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think the biggest issue is people worrying about what other people are doing at the gym. Unless someone is doing something ridiculously stupid and doesn't realize it. It isn't worth my attention. Headphones on blast, goin hard. That's me...when I have the damn motivation to go to the gym.

Im there to get my pump on, and not worry about **** else. You're attention seeking outfits, along with cries for attention will likely go unnoticed...at least by me.