Replies

• rachelannexo
    rachelannexo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! I like how in each photo you look happier :) Great job
  • Maridinger
    Maridinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are def an inspiration!!! Awesome job!! Question...if you dont mind answering...how is your skin? I got up to 235 and after 4 kids back ot back I feel like if I lose weight too fast my skin wont look right. Im trying to lose slower now so It has at least a chance to return to as normal as it will get. lol. Did yours bounce back a bit? I see your arms and they look great!!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,226 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • BellaLacie
    Options
    Awesome job! I lost about the same amount of weight as you did and still want to lose a few more lbs! Feel free to add me as a pal. Congratulations!!! You are amazing!!!
  • Maximumresults
    Options
    enjoy your success..you deserve it!
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    ((((CLAPPING))))) Great job! amazing progress. You give me a positive outlook that this journey can come out well for me :) Thanks God bless!!!:drinker:
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Bravo!! I'm sure you feel 100x better, embrace that feeling and keep it going! Truly an inspiration
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are def an inspiration!!! Awesome job!! Question...if you dont mind answering...how is your skin? I got up to 235 and after 4 kids back ot back I feel like if I lose weight too fast my skin wont look right. Im trying to lose slower now so It has at least a chance to return to as normal as it will get. lol. Did yours bounce back a bit? I see your arms and they look great!!

I do have excess skin but it is mostly limited to my tummy, thighs and some on my upper arms. My upper body is quite toned. I find as long as I dress well its not really noticeable.. I have no issues with it with infections or interfering with me exercising tho :)
  • Kmullings12
    Kmullings12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi - I wanted to share my story so others in a similar position know it can be done :)

I weighed 173.1 kilos/380 pounds in august 2006. I have PCOS and was obviously very unhealthy, I struggled with life and was really if nothing changed looking at life confined to my home.

I lost my weight by counting calories, exercising 4-6 days per week (primarily cardio/les mills classes with a minimum 1 PT session of resistance per week)

This is me in April 2006 at 173.1 kilos/380 pounds

1704image2.png

1704image1.gif

December 30 2008 at 150 kilos/330 pounds

2363_64031521061_6870_n_zps68a63ef7.jpg

April 2010 at 120 kilos/264 pounds

36342_433506571061_6600121_n_zpsae31eb58.jpg

Me now at 90.7 kilos/199 pounds
    556383_10150784547501062_1944821896_n_zps9df26d8f.jpg

I hope my pics inspire someone :) If anyone wants to add me for continued support/motivation (I still wanna lose another 40 pounds) fee free to add me :)
  • daborn526
    daborn526 Posts: 32
    Options
    thank you for your inspirational story. I have a dear friend that I consider my sister who has gon through so much with PCOS. I really believe your story will help her gain some perspective and motivation! Thank you again!
    bump
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    OP, you are absolutely a success story and an inspiration to all of us dealing with PCOS. I also have PCOS and IR. I eat according to IPOARM, about 1800-2000/day. I lift heavy weights two or three times weekly, and swing my kettlebell the other couple days.

I've lost a total of 85 lbs, but 55 of that has been since July 2012, when I started eating correctly.

I do have to watch my carbs at this point...I have blood sugar issues, as I said. But I have noticed a great deal of progress since changing what I eat and lifting heavy weights. My hormones seem to be balancing out, slowly but surely. My cycles are pretty much normal these days. Moods are much more even, acne is GONE. I am able to lose weight...

I want to say that there are indeed women out there with both PCOS AND IR who are doing things differently and having great results without resulting to a 1200 calorie diet and cardio.

For those who are interested in PCOS and healing, there's a woman named Amber who blogs under the name "Go Kaleo". She's got a blog, a Facebook fan page, and has just started a group on Facebook as well. She was obese and had PCOS. She now EATS ALL THE FOOD, around 3,000 calories/day, I believe....lifts heavy, and is very active.

http://gokaleo.com/

Thanks for that info about "Go kaleo" found her on FB :)
  • Poetic_Photography
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! You have accomplished much and look beautiful! :smile:
  • mariadiva2012
    Options
    Truly amazing! Awesome job.
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That is some seriously fabulous work and dedication you have shown. You look fantastic!
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    that is amazing, way to go, and congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • Lynnie_Loo
    Lynnie_Loo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    wow thanks for sharing and congrats on your great accomplishment!
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just..wow.

Congratulations on your very well deserved success!! You look healthy and glowing!
  • emilymoxey
    Options
    Incredible - I have PCOS too- so this was truly inspiring - thanks.
  • luvs2read1979
    luvs2read1979 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Your story is truly an inspiration! Congrats on your loss thus far. You've been dedicated and truly made this a lifestyle change. I have no doubt that you'll attain your goal to lose another 50 lbs!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!