Les Mills BodyPump or BodyCombat?

Options
2»

Replies

• Hazeleys
    Hazeleys Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I see you mentioned you have a strength routine, if that is the case then don't bother with Pump. Definitely, definitely go to Combat! Then go back again, and again, and again...

Don't be discouraged if you feel like an idiot and like you don't know what the heck you are doing. Be sure to go back a few more times (at least), most of us feel that way at first.
    I agree! If you already lift and lift heavy - skip Pump. Don't get me wrong, it's a good time, but for the time and effort, a heavy lifting routine will provide better results. Combat is a freaking blast and you burn a ton of calories and sweat your a## off! And, if you get yourself a pair of gloves, you'll feel like a badass!
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have only tried Body Pump but it is brilliant :)
  • porky44
    porky44 Posts: 34
    Options
    Les mIlls Body Pump is a lot of fun and hard as ****!!! I took the classes at the YMCA and ended up buying the program from Beachbody.com. Now I do it whenever I want!!! Love it!!!
  • Coleen2003
    Options
    I would agree with you. I have been doing BodyPump and saw results fairly quickly. You have to increase what you lift to get those results though. I also do the RPM classes, which I love, but only for the cardio portion.
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have just finished my first bodycombat class and it was fkin FANTASTIC!!! Definitely enjoyed it more than bodypump, but I'm still gonna do both classes because they both have their own advantages! DO EM BOTH!!!! :bigsmile:
  • IaneeKate
    IaneeKate Posts: 1
    Options
    I am a petite person and i can honestly that say Body Pump is great, i do it once or twice a week and and i do lots of cardio(including other les mills classes and body combat of course ) . Body Pump has made made my upper body look sexy and toned. I would say go for it ! good luck!
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Body pump is my favourite exercise class ever - I love it!!! Not great if you want cardio - but if you want to looked toned and feel strong and confident - book yourself in!
  • alexkhaos
    alexkhaos Posts: 1
    Options
    I would recommend doing both, as you will need cardio with body combat and strenght with body pump.
    As a les mills adict, i would also train with body balance.
  • ljmcf
    ljmcf Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I do both but my preference is probably Body Pump...it's the class I've noticed more difference in my body with. They're great though - try them out and enjoy :)