100lbs lost VERY pic heavy! Thanks in advance for reading

Options

Replies

• nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am in complete awe of you!! Congrats on your journey and I know everyone says "you're an inspiration" but seriously you really are!! You're daughter is absolutely gorgeous!! and of course GO BEARS!!
  • cdstaufenbiel
    cdstaufenbiel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yowza! That's so impressive- great job!
  • SheriJar
    SheriJar Posts: 2
    Options
    You and your family have to be so proud! What an accomplishment! I especially love the dressing room pics as new wardrobe is on my wishlist for when I lose 100+ pounds
  • kathneal67
    kathneal67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    WOW Thanks for the photo's - Great work you look like a new man. Keep it up it inspires us all to keep going and that we can do it.
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    WOW you look amazing!!! Such t;rue inspiration and dedication. Well done!!!
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I don't even know you and yet I am so proud of you! How selfless of you to recognize the need to do this for your daughter. You look terrific and you have characterized your story so well in words and in pictures. Congratulations! With wishes for lots of good health and fun times in your future.
  • You look amazing ! Great work
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Those pictures are amazing! The differnece is unbelievable. I know from experience that you must feel so much better than you ever thought possible. Just like the other comment, I am also proud of you.
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Awwwwweesome lost!
  • That's incredible. You look totally amazing! Your daughter is really lucky and such a cutie. Nothing better than this gift you're giving her. You really look fantastic!
  • Kade6685
    Kade6685 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    First of all you made me cry just reading your testimonial then I looked at your pictures. And now I'm crying just writing this. Just amazing what a fathers love can do for his little girl. I hope she realizes how much you love her. I know you did it for her but it has made you so much stronger for yourself.
  • bartonbogs
    Options
    way to go! you are truly inspirational, thank you for sharing.
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    I'm not very good at figuring out what I'm supposed to say here. I've lost 100lbs!! That should suffice no? :P I started my journey on here back in June of 2012. As so many other amazing folks on here, I was always up and down with my weight, starting "diets" just to stop a week or two into them. Eventually I ballooned up to the highest weight in my life. One morning I woke up, went to the doctor for a physical.... My weight was 298.9lbs, my cholesterol, blood pressure.. all through the roof! His words? "You keep this up George, it doesn't look good. You're 26, have a daughter... don't you want to be around for her? You need to do something about this"....

I went home that night, I (yes I'm a man but have no problem admitting this) I cried, I was terrified!! That damn doc really got to me! HAHA! That night while my daughter was sleeping I went into her room and just.. just stared at her. How gorgeous, innocent and sweet she looked. That lil girl depended and counted on me for.. everything. So many images went through my mind. Her first school dance, learning to drive, her prom, her wedding, grandkids.... What if I wasn't there for all that? I know life is unexpected and God could want me up there with him tomorrow but I also know that there are things I can do to keep myself healthy while I'm on this earth. It hit me, I was being so selfish! Everytime I decided to stuff my face with a whole pizza, a few whoppers, I was taking time away from her. Something inside me just clicked and right there and then I knew NOTHING was going to stop me! My daughter deserved better.

The very next day, got my gym equipment, scale, tape measure, figured out a food plan. A friend who previously had success with MFP referred me to the site and I can NEVER thank her enough for that. This site was able to help me log my food, my burns, get support and be held accountable. I didn't take any magic pills, no surgery, didn't starve myself. Once I figured out all my numbers, my BMR etc, I watched what I ate, ate healthy and exercised almost everyday. I was 300lbs!! So I started just by
    walking daily, then jogging, then lifting and now I'm a fitness addict! I cut out soda and fast foods completely and cut my carbs down. I drink water like it's running out and now nothing can stop me. I still have about 20lbs or so and a lot of toning left to do. I'm in love with lifting and I can't wait till this summer. If I keep this up I will be a very happy man at the beach this summer. LOL!

Most importantly, my daughter saw my entire journey. She saw all the ups, the downs, the times when I wanted to give up. The times when I was eating my veggies and chicken and saying no to pie when everyone else was stuffing their faces. She saw me wanting to give up so many times but also saw that i never did. I workout at home a lot, she was there for all that. Saw me doing my pushups, planks, time on the elliptical. She's seen my transformation and she now knows that... That I did it. I did it for her. As long as SHE is proud of me, it was all worth it. I hope she can learn from it as well and I can be an inspiration to her to stay healthy. It's not easy, and there will be so many times when you will want to give up and just walk away, but I promise you that if you stick with it, you will get there! It is possible and you can do it as well..

Anyway this was super long, I apologize for this. If this can truly inspire ONE person though, then I'm insanely happy I took the time to write this. Thank you all for taking the time, keep up the wonderful work! I love you all!! :D

On to what everyone actually normally looks at huh? LOL!! Pics!!

Some of my heaviest!!! :(

oldme010_zps7b228761.jpg
    oldme009_zpsca755690.jpg
    oldme005_zpsbbb9a82b.jpg
    oldme006_zpsf9b85943.jpg
    oldme008_zps621b4144.jpg
    formfp1.jpg
    oldme_zps840ca5b4.jpg
    old-ID-2_zpse0b9be93.jpg
    Through my journey:
    thisone6_zps6533a613.jpg
    thisone4_zpsb546ea34.jpg
    thisonethree_zps496cabcf.jpg
    flexing_zps1b7e8d84.jpg
    thisone_zps3e064ec1.jpg
    Photo0470_zpsf9909850.jpg
    bearsshirtedit_zps0d7905b1.jpg
    myoldclothes2_zpscbabb164.jpg
    More recent: (You'll notice my tattoo in some of these. When I started my journey, I set goals and rewards for myself. My reward at 100lbs was my tattoo!! I got a bit before I hit the 100lbs mark but I knew i would! lol)
    newestme_zps056bb8b7.jpg
    Photo0770_zps7e56d181.jpg
    Photo0771_zpsc02ffd6c.jpg
    Photo0901_zps17ac7c25.jpg
    menewone_zps5d906319.jpg
    batshirt_zps1c646350.jpg
    yellow_zps3c0d5fae.jpg
    Photo0904_zps3e986ff6.jpg
    new-mirror-35_zps594ece14.jpg
    Photo09451_zpsf3a5b1c4.jpg
    Photo0871_zps2e26ed5d.jpg
    just-bnw_zps3094167a.jpg
    tat5_zpsdcfeadbe.jpg
    tat3_zpsc17ceb77.jpg
    tat4_zps9bb9aa0a.jpg
    Photo1005_zps5ffa9a1f.jpg
    Photo1010_zps7dfaca16.jpg
    Photo1004_zps96dd05e5.jpg
    IMG_20130305_084410_zps4a222fae.jpg
    fb-2_zpsbc928a15.jpg

If any of the pics are cut off, you can view them all and more at my photobucket: http://s1252.beta.photobucket.com/user/move257/library/

Truly amazing & motivational ! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. :smile:
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job! what a great story- made me tear up. you are a really fantastic father and your daughter is so lucky to have you (shes adorable by the way)! love all your new clothes- i'm sure its a lot more fun to shop now! you look so great!
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your journey. You've done a great job.
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Amazing job...thanks for being a great inspiration!
  • Khamerta
    Khamerta Posts: 23
    Options
    Definately need to show your success to my hubby, he doesn't think its possible to lose the weight he has. GREAT JOB!! So glad you had such success. Very inspiring, thanks for the post :D
  • pink_gg
    pink_gg Posts: 8
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Great job! You have inspired me!
  • geminidragonjr
    Options
    CONGRATS! This is beyond inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!