Starbucks Coffee

Options
2»

Replies

• Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    They've also started using a new base in their light frappuccinos. Those are my weekness....it's probably a good thing they are so pricey! :drinker:
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one to go to Starbuck's Coffee and order coffee? No latte, no cappuccino, no flavors, no foam, no cream, no sugar... coffee! Lots of caffeine and a cup. :)

No I also do this sometimes. However I checked the starbucks website once for their nutritional values and was shocked to see a cup of freshly brewed black coffee has like 3 calories in it where as usually its zero... so where do starbucks get the extra calories from? Not that I am that particular about 3 calories but I still find it odd.

Here is there nutriotnal info
    http://starbucks.co.uk/NR/rdonlyres/A1F93080-B168-41AF-85AC-2F42764B6FB9/9612/BeverageNutritional2.pdf
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I am so a java chip frapp light girl. they just make my days happier when they are in them
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Our local starbucks has the Passion Tea- can't wait to try it!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one to go to Starbuck's Coffee and order coffee? No latte, no cappuccino, no flavors, no foam, no cream, no sugar... coffee! Lots of caffeine and a cup. :)

Nope :)

I like just plain coffee, too. I travel frequently for work and this is by far the easiest thing to grab and go at the airport SBux, Peet's, Caribou, Dunkin Donuts, what have you.

I can think of a good coffee quote by Denis Leary about coffee flavored coffee but it's not PG rated for this site, haha...
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options

Nope :)

I like just plain coffee, too. I travel frequently for work and this is by far the easiest thing to grab and go at the airport SBux, Peet's, Caribou, Dunkin Donuts, what have you.

I can think of a good coffee quote by Denis Leary about coffee flavored coffee but it's not PG rated for this site, haha...

If I want a plain old cup of java, I look no further than my local kitchen. :drinker: Personally I find that Starbucks regular coffee has a mild burnt taste to it, not to mention just doesn't sit well in my tummy!! I can only handle it if I get it iced and douse it with lots of creamer!! But I'd rather not waste the almost $2 when I can brew my own. :laugh:
  • devoneyk
    devoneyk Posts: 15
    Options
    I am actually a Supervisor for Starbucks and we do have many healthy choices. The Skinny Cinnamon Dulce Latte is really tasty even Sugar free! We also have strawberry and banana Smoothies. These smoothies are almost like a meal substitute and have as little as 280 calories for a Grande Size! It has Protein and Fiber in it and is REALLY good. You can even add Matcha powder to it for Green tea Nutrients!

All of our teas are all unsweet and the Passion Tea ROCKS!! Also Remember even now all of their frappuccino's can be made with nonfat Milk and our light syrup base, and most important we got rid of all the high fructose corn syrup!! We are also coming out with some different drinks this summer so be on the lookout :wink:

I saw someone Post about Caramel Macchiato's. This drink as well you can get nonfat and have them add sugar free Vanilla, as it is made with vanilla syrup and not caramel. you can ask for very light caramel on top or just take it off all together. I know this defeats the purpose of the Macchiato but it is healthier! :smile:
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    first of all.. i wanna say that i love the starbucks cup of coffee!! im so shocked so many ppl dislike it.
    i buy my grounds from there as well. i usually go for the x-bold or bold. so its obvious i love the actual coffee taste =]

i wish they would hurry up and make the peppermint sugar free already!!! they have like every other syrup in sugar free...... peppermint mocha frappes are the bestttt!