Elliptical workout questions

Options
I currently do 30 mins on the elliptical and as soon as i get done, I walk for 20 more mins and do a little over a mile walking. I'm wanting to do more time on the elliptical would it be safe to add that 20 mins to the elliptical instead of walking?

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yep I don't see a problem with it... I normally am on the Elliptical for 70 minutes....... Best of Luck...
  • kimmym0324
    kimmym0324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good grief that's crazy but awesome! lol
  • JordenEllis
    Options
    If you feel you can do more on the elliptical trainer go head. I started with 10 minutes at first because I am very big and because I don't want to hurt my knee and now after a month in the gym, I can do 30 to 40 minutes on the elliptical trainer before my knee starts to ache. You know your own body so you will know when you can do more. Best wishes and good luck x
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    oh my! I must be really out of shape ... hehehe ... I can only do about ten minutes right now before I am winded. Still gaining ground but no where near what y'all can do. This is great exercise though and I am hoping to do more each week to build up to what y'all are doing. I love to walk so I walk and do the elliptical among other activities.
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do 45-60 minutes....
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    oh my! I must be really out of shape ... hehehe ... I can only do about ten minutes right now before I am winded. Still gaining ground but no where near what y'all can do. This is great exercise though and I am hoping to do more each week to build up to what y'all are doing. I love to walk so I walk and do the elliptical among other activities.

don't worry, when I first started last August, I was bone tired after 15 minutes. I thought they were the worst 15 minutes of exercise in my life. But I just kept pushing forward.

Now I breeze through a half hour of HIIT style cross training on it, alongside circuit training and walking which brings me over an hour of exercise on a typical workout.
  • haaaleyx
    haaaleyx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm always on the elliptical. I have really bad flat feet & they cramp up & I end up with shin splints if I try to do any kind of running of fast walking.