Replies

• starryk
    starryk Posts: 53
    Options
    That banana sounds delicious!
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    : I make turkey muffins on the weekend, throw them in the freezer and just reheat when I want a snack. Around 85 calories and 13g of protein for 1. I also make green smoothies with protein powder.

How do you make these, please?? :smile:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese mixed with peanut butter, protein shakes made with pineapple, vanilla powder, and dasani drops coconut pineapple (tastes like a pina colada!), greek yogurt w/ a little sweetener or sugar free jello pudding mix (a little dry mix goes a long way), Polly O cheese sticks, those are my favorites!
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    : I make turkey muffins on the weekend, throw them in the freezer and just reheat when I want a snack. Around 85 calories and 13g of protein for 1. I also make green smoothies with protein powder.

How do you make these, please?? :smile:

I was going to ask the same! Please do share...these sound yummy!
  • misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for almost 3 years and eat between 130-175g of protein a day. Feel free to check out my diary for ideas.

Tagging so I can reference later! :) I am new to the "needs more protein" so I am loving all the ideas!
  • houlenberg
    houlenberg Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    In addition to nuts, I have discovered dry roasted edamame. SOOOO good. It has a TON more protein than nuts, too, and it is very "snacky" so you feel like you're cheating when you're not. LOL :)
  • angserino
    angserino Posts: 59
    Options
    As far as natural "clean", or semi-clean foods, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, nuts, edamame, or lean meats work well. If you are using protein powder; you can make shakes, mug cakes, brownies, puddings, muffins, or pies.

I seriously didn't know you could make all this with protein powder. Where can I get the recipes please?
  • smsisfat
    smsisfat Posts: 10
    Options
    a great snack is 1/2 cuo cottage cheese, 1-2 tbl hemp seeds and a small handful of sunflower sprouts. It's delicious and lots of protein.
  • passmetheducksauce
    passmetheducksauce Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    fat free cottage cheese, greek yogurt, protein bars, peanut butter, some granola bars, liquid egg whites
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    As far as natural "clean", or semi-clean foods, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, nuts, edamame, or lean meats work well. If you are using protein powder; you can make shakes, mug cakes, brownies, puddings, muffins, or pies.

I seriously didn't know you could make all this with protein powder. Where can I get the recipes please?

There are several threads on here about different protein shake recipes. I have also seen a few on mug cakes, and brownies. (Don't expect them to taste like the real thing, though.) Bodybuilding.com, bodyforlife.com, and a few other sites have some decent recipes, though.

Puddings, and pies, are pretty simple. get a package of sugar free instant pudding, and make according to package directions. To serve 4 add in 4 scoops of protein powder. If you want pie, put it in a reduced fat graham cracker crust. (some powders will need more milk, some will take less than the package calls for. Usually for whey, you may want to add less milk.)

I've made my own pie crusts by blending up fiber one graham cereal, and baking it with a few egg whites, and that has turned out pretty good, too.

As far as microwavable cakes, my favorite is a molten lava cake: 1 scoop chocolate protein. 1 heaping tbsp cocoa powder, 1 dash of baking powder, 1 egg white, sweetener to taste. add enough water to make it the consistency of cake batter,(depending on the powder you use, usually around 1/8 of a cup), microwave 25 to 35 seconds(depending on microwave.) It should still be fairly runny in the middle.

I've learned a lot through experimentation. Some things work well, others don't. Protein powder can be a little tricky, especially when cooking with them. (I've made hot cocoa with it before, and sometimes it is clumpy, sometimes it turns out fine.)