What Do You Watch While Working Out?

Options
Right thread?
When I run I need to watch something to keep me from focusing on the time and the run feeling like it is going on forever. Lately I've been watching " The Following" but I'm almost out of episodes. What do you watch?

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If I am using a workout dvd, of course I am watching it lol... that is a given.

But when I do my other activities (strength training & non-dvd circuit) I watch action or comedy movies, the action ones seem to give me more oomph, not sure why... maybe the explosions and danger?
  • sowenby1984
    sowenby1984 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I like to watch netflix, I started on Glee because it has so many episodes.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I work out on the elliptical at the gym. In the morning I will watch Wendy Williams. In the evening I will watch House Hunters or a sitcom, depending what is on. TV definitely makes the time go by quickly!
  • paradisochick
    Options
    I'm all about the Food Network when Im working out at the gym. Chef at Home with Michael Smith is quickly becoming my fave show to watch .... All that deliciousness .... the food of course. :)
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Last year I watched nip tuck on netflix. Now Im doing insanity...so i watch Shaun T.
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    When I'm lucky I get what I call my 'elliptical eye candy' on the machines in front of me with a man who has an awesome butt. If I'm really, really lucky I will get one with a nice butt AND calves. YUMMY. I started doing an hour on the machine because I was so motivated to stay and watch him work out.

Other than hoping to see hot men working out in front of me, I just listen to music.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I save my night shows that air online the next day for my treadmill and laptop.
  • sidegrinder
    sidegrinder Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The Following, The Americans, The Biggest Loser, The Big Bang Theory...
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Just about anything I have recorded. Don't really watch tv at night so save them for my workouts! Favorites are Duck Dynasty, Once Upon a Time, & Modern Family.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I don't watch tv while working out but I do have the same problem as you... my solution is to throw my towel over the display, then put on my headphones and tune out. After seeing some of the threads on MFP criticizing people on treadmills, I am pretty sure I am being judged for closing my eyes and lip syncing while I'm working out, but who cares? Whatever gets the job done! :happy:
  • 1jobean
    1jobean Posts: 84
    Options
    Wish I could give you a better show but I watch Sesame Street, it keeps my toddler happy so I can get my workout in.
  • sleepyotter
    sleepyotter Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have a terrible cable plan, so I usually have to watch my shows online the next day. Right now I'm watching Project Runway and Asia's Next Top Model. I usually don't watch Hell's Kitchen, but I'm willing to give it a try when it comes back on. I guess I lean towards reality shows because it's okay if I zone in and out.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Anything that's on the tv at the gym... (There's about 10 different channels that they put on.) If I weren't so scared of breaking it, or forgetting it and someone stealing it, I'd bring my iPad and watch Netflix. I love Tudors =)
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Trashy day time television: Maury, Springer, Steve... sometimes I like to switch it up and watch Animation Domination (Simpsons, Family Guy, etc.) All I find distracting, but the right length for a workout
  • wolfcounty
    Options
    one of my most favorite shows to watch while I work out is the walking dead.
    I get all doomsday nerdy as I watch,
    "oh, i'll be ready"
  • jos82
    jos82 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i run so i watch the trees, cars and houses i pass and sometimes the sunset or sunrise
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    My form.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I enjoy watching urban scenery as I'm being careful of cars
  • iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110
    Options
    Nothing. I have a much better work out to music than TV.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I watch The Big Bang Theory. It's funny enough to keep me entertained. Just hate the commercials....