Hydroxycut...

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Im not looking for a quick fix, i was just courious...i have already lost 30 lbs eating healthy and working out...i know thats the best way to do it. I dont plan on just going on a diet pill kick and giving up on everything else i have been doing...i just thought i would see what others thought about it since just about everywhere i look i see a freaking advertisement for it...you never know maybe its actually helped some people thats why i asked.

then why are you asking about hydroxy cut if diet and exercise are working for you?

You always wonder if it could be going better than it is.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    If diet pills worked, would we still have fat people?
    no, but the diet pills would probably spark the zombie apocalypse ....
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    She's only pushing those products because she sells them.
    look at the main ingredients. Nothing in their is proven for weight loss, and most of the herbal or caffeine/chemical ingredients you could purchase way cheaper. I can say if you want a jump start, try the Jillian Micheals 14 day cleanse. No laxatives, doesnt kill your stomach or make you sick, but affective. I can also recomend a few things I use and that work:
    1. Beachbody® Fuel Shot. It will Kick-start your energy and recovery whether pre- or post-workout drink. Gives you a near-instant surge of power. Use daily for accelerated muscle endurance, size and strength.
    2. Energy and Endurance™ Pre-Workout Formula from beachbody. E&E Energy and Endurance™ will help you Burn more calories and fat to get ripped faster & Maximize muscle performance to build muscle faster.
    If you want more info like ingredients and cost let me know! I use both and love them!
  • Get120
    Get120 Posts: 56
    Options
    Tried it and it done absolutely nothing for me.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Ok, so from what everyone is saying i will NOT be trying these lol didnt think i would anyway everytime i try to convince myself to try something like that i end up convincing myself not to LOL

GOOD.

now SQUAT and call me in the morning
  • sghbchs03
    sghbchs03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I never tried Hydroxycut but did try TrimSpa a couple of times with no luck. I did have a friend who lost 50 pounds with TrimSpa. He was an active guy anyway, so I attribute most of his loss to that.

On another topic, a coworker shared this with me last week. It's an interesting read that could have some merit: http://www.wired.com/playbook/2013/02/ff-cold-weight-loss
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Im not looking for a quick fix, i was just courious...i have already lost 30 lbs eating healthy and working out...i know thats the best way to do it. I dont plan on just going on a diet pill kick and giving up on everything else i have been doing...i just thought i would see what others thought about it since just about everywhere i look i see a freaking advertisement for it...you never know maybe its actually helped some people thats why i asked.

then why are you asking about hydroxy cut if diet and exercise are working for you?

I agree..but usually when I look for something different it involves different work out or eating regimen..not diet pills...but that is just me...
  • trilou27
    trilou27 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have not used it but I have used other similar products and they always made me feel bad....I have been drinking moringa tea and really like it :)
  • choochoobell
    choochoobell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Took it years ago. Just made me run to the fridge faster!
  • fitmelinda7
    fitmelinda7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ok, before anyone gets mad at me for posting about "diet pills" this is just a question just looking to see if anyone has ever tried it. I see it all the time its everywhere! I have thought to myself so many times i would try it but never wanted to take any diet pills I'd rather do it on my own...BUT today i decided to do a little research (this is part of it) to see if its really that "bad" or if it might actually help get rid of some of the fat on my body along with my healthy eating and working out..So far it seems like its a pretty decent prodouct havent really seen anything too bad but thats why im posting here i want your feedback i know most of you research everything before trying it and im sure at least one person on here has had to try hydroxycut in the past....just looking for some feedback :) Thanks

My doctor said weight loss surgery would be safer than diet pills..............he said it was really bad for your heart (I think he also said it was bad for the liver too). I'm sure he exaggerated the point ...but he wouldn't prescribe prescription diet pills either.

I wanted them to use alongside a healthy diet and exercise to lose weight faster too......I just felt it was going to take FOREVER! So I'm just doing it the MFP way! :) Good Luck to you!
  • moxette
    moxette Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Totally fine to ask, that's how we learn right? Most of the fat burners (hydroxycut and others) are "thermogenics" the idea is that they speed up your heart rate and make your body work harder.
    They used to have a ton of ephedra (caffeine on steroids) and they did actually work. They also killed a lot of people, caused long term heart problems, and created nasty addictions.
    Today Ephedra is illegal, so todays Fat Burners are basically the same as a grande Starbucks.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I agree..but usually when I look for something different it involves different work out or eating regimen..not diet pills...but that is just me...

There's stuff out there that does make it go faster. A lot of people run EC stacks or use DNP or other crazy stuff. It's not crazy to wonder about.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, I tried the Hydroxycut sprinkles. didnt alter the taste of my food. They kept me from eating more than my required 3 squares. I used them for two weeks and not one of those days did i get up at midnight and bake cookies as i usually do. I also tried a good green coffee bean and it did the same. in all my years these are the only two things that worked for me. I'm losing interest in using them because I dont want to use them. But neither of them had any effects on me.
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Never tried that..... I use like lipo-6 (ehh its okay... I take it before the gym but i dont think i'll buy another bottle if so maybe the higher dosage)... I love Green Coffee Bean.. I want to try raspberry ketones....
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    raspberry didnt do jack!
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    They worked when they had Ephedra in them.... Then again it was killing people so take your pick
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    ...i just thought i would see what others thought about it since just about everywhere i look i see a freaking advertisement for it...

This struck me. I confess I haven't seen an ad for Hydroxycut anywhere in years. I have the Adblock plug-in installed on Firefox, which I recommend strongly. On the rare occasions when I watch TV with ads, I either mute them and do something useful like wash the dishes or do some light cleaning.

I am not trying to be sanctimonious or snobby--it is really a good idea to avoid advertisements if you can. The vast majority of ads on TV are ads for food, and the kind of food they advertise on TV is usually not the kind that gets you good fat loss results. If you avoid ads, you also don't see as much snake oil or those ridiculous Bowflex gym things that nobody really needs to exercise or stay healthy.

It is really a much better use of your time to read up on things and learn how to be a critical, skeptical consumer, and you can do that for the cost of internet access or a library membership.

[/thread hijack]
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    spend your money on quality food and building good habits...if you need a kick, drink a cup of coffee...

there are chemicals in those products that frankly nobody can answer if they damage your system or not and they are highly addictive

Guess what genius, the most common compound in most diet pills is caffeine.
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Ok, before anyone gets mad at me for posting about "diet pills" this is just a question just looking to see if anyone has ever tried it. I see it all the time its everywhere! I have thought to myself so many times i would try it but never wanted to take any diet pills I'd rather do it on my own...BUT today i decided to do a little research (this is part of it) to see if its really that "bad" or if it might actually help get rid of some of the fat on my body along with my healthy eating and working out..So far it seems like its a pretty decent prodouct havent really seen anything too bad but thats why im posting here i want your feedback i know most of you research everything before trying it and im sure at least one person on here has had to try hydroxycut in the past....just looking for some feedback :) Thanks
    Hi ...I have tried almost every diet pill out there and quite honestly none of them worked after ephedra was banned...However I did try oxy elite pro from GNC and it definately helped me lose weight...I had way more energy and was not hungry...I lost my last 15 pounds in 6 weeks right before my wedding...I did stop using them after my wedding because I felt it helped the first 6 weeks but like everything else it stopped working...I guess my body got used to it...It also made me feel a little down and a little more anxious...but I just needed to lose 15 pounds and quick so I took them any way...Hope that helps...