I'm 17 and I really want to lose weight please help!

Options
Anyone know some good home exercises to help me ? It would mean a lot

Replies

• eloralove
    eloralove Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    squats and S.T.'s insanity/dance workout on youtube :)
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    Are you asking about DVDs or just general exercises? Inside or outside?
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Find a punching bag on craigslist.
  • M_Drink
    M_Drink Posts: 1
    Options
    Try going on pinterest.com. They have a lot of great workouts and if you get bored of one then there are plenty more to try! Plus, if you're interested, they have lots of low-calorie and healthy recipes too :)
  • haley255
    haley255 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bike! It's fun, awesome, and will make your legs look fantastic. :)
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Hey!

definitely try blogilates on youtube. Her workouts are really fun, energetic, and can be stacked to make them longer.
    www.youtube.com/blogilatestv

Try Jillian Micheals DVDS (30 day shred, ripped in 30) They're good too.

Fitnessblender on youtube! So many varieties of workouts.
    www.youtube.com/fitnessblender

Also: Please keep in mind that working out alone will not give you the body/health you want. You need to eat healthy and LEARN. Don't starve, don't eat anything without reading the label (especially the ingredients) find out what ingredients to avoid, and become educated. Check out the "eat more to weight less" group on here, and search for other ones. Search for clean eating recipes, as well as "foods to avoid" (off the top of my head, high fructose corn syrup is the number one thing) also, the order of ingredients matters too. I don't know if you're genuinely interested in nutrition and fitness, or just being skinny. If you're only interested in skinny, you probably won't get anywhere/gain the weight back. You need a lifestyle change, not a diet or something temporary. Yes, it's 100% possible, you just need to put in the effort. Abs are formed in the kitchen! Don't forget to find out your BMR and TDEE numbers. use www.fat2fitradio.com to figure out your BMR, BMI, Goal bodyfat %, and other things. they're all important.

Second : Many people will flame you for saying you're 17. I'd advise you not to go around blabbing it on the forums, because they can delete your account if you are under 18 and someone reports you.
  • chriswhudson
    Options
    It takes 3500 calories BURNED to lose 1lb. for example:
    if you ate 2800 cal a day x7days = 19600 calories consumed a week
    if you burned 3200 cal a day x 7days = 22,400 calories burned a week
    22,400 -19600=2,800 net burned for the week it's not quite a lb lost but it's .8 lost

How do you know what you burn a day? look up BMR and enter your body data. I know all the pills and stuff the world promotes sound great, none of them work, they only increase the amounts of calories burned a day by small amounts and supress your appetite, but if you don't know your basic calorie intake or your basic burn a day, nothing can help you manage the outcome. I explain this to say that I have lost 45lbs in 6 months and I work out roughly twice a week, but walk 3 miles 3 days a week in the summer............hope this helps.................
  • DreamChaser9717
    Options
    Insanity is awesome at
    Home, you don't need any equipment just the DVDs. Also I love hulahooping, or you could do jump roping, dancing, walking, running up your stairs when no ones home(if you have them).justfind something you like that keeps you moving!