Giving up alcohol

Options
I have decided to give up alcohol completely, mostly for weight loss purposes. I should admit that I have never been much of a drinker. I typically go two to three weeks between having alcohol, but when I do, I binge (6-8 drinks in a short period of time). This almost always leads to me eating some disgusting, high-calorie meal in the wee hours of the morning. A few weeks ago I decided to give it up. It hasn't been hard at all really as I have never "craved" alcohol. However, I am having a hard time with the social aspect of this decision. My friends are giving me a ton of crap about it and acting as though I'm totally ruining their time. Has anyone else been through this and, if so, can you give any helpful advice/suggestions?

Replies

• dirtykristi
    Options
    Hey there! I gave up drinking 6 months ago (I drank damn near every day) and dropped 20 lbs w/o even trying. My husband is in a band, so at first it was strange for me socially. I find that having a club soda (w/lemon or lime) in my hand makes those situations easier bc nobody knows what's in my glass :) And if I crave a beer the Odouls Amber usually hit the spot. :) Club soda is better though, no calories. It does have sodium though, so if you're watching your salt intake, be mindful of that. Best of luck to you!