Who has stopped weighing?

Options
2»

Replies

• JessicaPasieka
    JessicaPasieka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself once a week. I do find that seeing my progress is quite helpful. However, now that I am at the point where I don't have much weight to lose, I found myself stepping on the scale Every day, completely paranoid of everything I ate. And I was continuously unhappy because I felt I was working so hard for nothing. Now I am back to weighing myself once a week, every Friday morning. I feel so much better because I don't feel the pressure of having to see that number drop every day.
    But I think everyone is different. Lots of people can go months without weighing themselves. Some can't. I like to see my progress week to week and track it in a spreadsheet so that it can motivate me.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • mmk2988
    mmk2988 Posts: 43
    Options
    Used to do everyday till last jan, it is too frustrating to see very little movements in scale. I gave it to my sister and I am weighing myself when I go to her house 3 months once. It is easy, now I can observe good differences.
  • ThatCatholicGirl
    ThatCatholicGirl Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I weigh in monthly, just to check that numbers are going in the direction I want them to. I want to see this as a lifestyle change not a diet. What do you do when you reach your "ideal weight"? I'd rather have my focus on making healthy food choices and have exercise as habit rather than "workout!Workout!Workout! Okay.... you're there now..." - if that makes sense?
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think I'm going to give it up, at least for now.