8-10 lbs overnight

Options
does anyone else put on this much in a day...i thought it was only me, but at the gym in the sauna today i was talking with someone (he recognized me from the weight ive lost, which was kinda cool) who asked me that...and i was like yeah totally its not just me? is this something that only happens to people who have lost a lot of weight?

Replies

• RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate 6-7 pounds daily. It all just depends on water weight and the food you havent quite gotten rid of yet.
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    Yeah, not even necessarily people who have lost a lot of weight. It happens to everyone especially if you drink a lot of water, that will happen (which you should). I feel like the scale should be something to look at to get an overall idea of how much you weigh, otherwise, it shouldn't affect a person's idea on their weight too much.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    . It happens to everyone especially if you drink a lot of water, that will happen (which you should).

its funny you mention water because i feel like my weight fluctuates less when i drink more water
  • Pjhench
    Pjhench Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate 2-3 lbs each day but my question is...... when is the best time to weigh yourself. And by best I don't mean when will I weight the least, I mean what time of day range is the most accurate. I of course, weigh myself before I get in the shower in the morning. Its when the scale reflects the lowest weight for me. Of COURSE thats the weight I'm going to go with .... but sadly I don't think thats the most accurate.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Yeah I can fluctuate about 9 pounds in a day. :o)

Liquids, sodium levels, 'toilet habits'.....ahem
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i fluctuate up to 4 but everyone is different. i find if i eat less carbs (like a low carb diet) my weight doesn't fluctuate that much, but if i eat a lot it can change quite drastically.
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie, a few years ago, when I used to use Wii Fit every day (before I got into all this), I gained 13lbs overnight. I remember it so clearly because it scared me so badly and made me feel so unbelievably rubbish about myself.
    The day before, I'd made fajitas, with fresh vegetables and salsa, and chicken etc, I had two. And I had a slice of cake afterwards.
    Bam. Next morning, 13lbs heavier. I have no idea what it was attributed to, but gaining a stone over night... wtf...
    When I went to speak to the doctor about my weight issues (which started around the same time) and told him about this precise thing, he looked at me like I was crazy and making it up.
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    In a day? I cry if my weight fluctuates by 2lbs! :laugh:
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    Maybe you ate something with lots of sodium which retains water?