Did any girls start out 220ish and about 5'7?

Options

Replies

• vander7679
    vander7679 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I started at 231 at 5'6. I am down 59 with 21 to go. Feel free to add me.
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I need to see that it can be done, I feel so huge!

I'm 5'6 and around 215 I feel exactly the same way no end in site and i can't look at myself much longer this way...please anyone feel free to add me and we can get this done together!! Good luck
  • CMabe2013
    CMabe2013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and started out at 255 in Jan. I am down 14.9 lbs. I have been going to a weight loss center for 3 weeks now, walking 3 miles a day atleast 4 days a week, doing some Wii Active, and some Zumba depending on my mood that day lol. Feel free to add me. I think we all can use all the support and motivation we can get. :smile:
  • hofosho1020
    hofosho1020 Posts: 179
    Options
    Yep! In the pic I'll attach from my blog I was over 210 somewhere. I've been between 155-170 since then (eillarly 2009). At my low I was totally unhealthy and not eating from stress and running. Now I'm more at 170, but reducing bf%, lifting 4-5 days a week and still running. I am working on changing my perspective on my body...it's a long road! These are links to the blog with the fat pic and then the link to the pic when I got my rib tattoo when I hit my low. : ) It can be done!! Keep at it!
    http://positivelymemyselfandi.blogspot.com/2012/05/why-i-love-to-hate-it.html (fat one)

http://positivelymemyselfandi.blogspot.com/2012/04/beauty-for-ashesthe-tattoo-explained.html (tattoo at 155)
  • inmyfreetime
    Options
    @mrsbigmack
    You look great! Any advice for someone who hasn't learned how to enjoy exercise?
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    @mrsbigmack
    You look great! Any advice for someone who hasn't learned how to enjoy exercise?

Thank you!

Yes. It's all about diet. In fact, it's easier to lose weight without all the hours of cardio most people turn it into. Just eat less than you burn each day... a little less. Like, set your goal to no more than 1 lb/week loss. If you want to eat a little more, go for a walk and eat back your exercise calories. That's all there is to it. True story.

My muscles were just underneath my fat. I just started lifting in October after about 15 years. I'm just a beginner.
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and started at 222 lbs. in June 2012. I reached my goal weight of 155 lbs. in February 2013. When I started I wore a size 18/20 plus size. I now wear size 10 misses and they are getting loose. I'm in maintenance now and find myself fluctuating between 154 and 156 on any given day. By the way I'm 56 years old so it definitely can be done.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Me :)

The first time I was on MFP I started at 218 and got down to 170.
    I gained most of it back though and am starting over.

So.. it can be done. haha, but next time I need to maintain.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options
    I need to see that it can be done, I feel so huge!

I'm 5'7" - started at 232, been holding pretty steady between 134 - 138 for a few months
  • Mickers36
    Mickers36 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    ME!!!!! I did it once and I'm not too sure what happened.... I just stopped. I'm looking for friends too if anyone wants to add me. I'm looming to finally do this and keep it off. Looking to lose at least 40 to start
  • jenydc
    jenydc Posts: 12
    Options
    I started around that and have only been doing this a month and already down 15 pounds. We can do this together. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • AprilThirty
    Options
    You bet. I'm about 5'6 and 214. I started at about 220. I started in January but was strictly calorie counting, and had sooo many ups and downs. I tend to emotional eat/binge, and would slip back into that after a couple days of eating well. Just couldn't make it work for myself.
    But I recently started eating clean/paleo and it really seems to be working. It hasn't even been a week. I'm not hungry all the time like I was befor, I have energy to exercise...this just seems to be what my body wants. It'll be a week Friday and I'm looking forward to weighing in. Well sort of, lol. I'd be way more looking forward to it if it magically said 150, lol.
    I will friend you, of you're looking for support. I'd love to encourage one another :)
  • diddyk16
    diddyk16 Posts: 1
    Options
    I started at 220 ish and lost about 100 pounds. My weight has been between 125 and 135 for almost 4 years now. It is possible and I am I am living proof.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I started at 231, now at 163. My goal is somewhere between 130-145, depending on how I look and feel when I get there. I don't have before pictures as I avoided the camera at all costs when I was that big. Good luck!
  • GThibz
    GThibz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 I have been using MFP for almost 2 years starting weight 198, my fault because I never stuck to it. Its always easier to give up...So I went live this week and I must say I think this is the best thing I did the support here is wonderful. I can be added if anyone would like to add me=Support for all :)!
  • Megatoine
    Megatoine Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Im 5' 6 1/2" and started out a little over 220. See below. The bottom pic is today.

Iimg]IMG_20130306_144533_zpsf4c2855d.jpg
  • Megatoine
    Megatoine Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Uh oh. My before pic didnt post. Sorry. :frown:

9211702a-2dd1-4586-bfc5-90b4a2687b50_zpsa7acd17b.jpg
  • Lindre
    Lindre Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was 240lb after having my first child and then I dropped down to 175ish. I gained all of it back with my second pregnancy. I started back up on MFP in December weighing in at 235lb, and I'm down to 205lb now. My goal is to get to 150-160lb by summer and feel comfortable taking my girls to the waterpark/beach. I think it's doable :) Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've only been using MFP since the beginning of November (so about 4 months), but here's what I've accomplished so far... (I'm 5'8" by the way)

SW: 228 lbs, size 18 US (barely)
    CW: 200.5 lbs (as of last week's weigh in), size 16 US (they're feeling pretty loose)

I'd say that's pretty good for just 4 months, especially with all of the holidays thrown in. I still have a long way to go, but trust me it can be done! You just have to commit to logging and exercising. You also have to learn how to not beat yourself up when you do have a bad day. Remember that it isn't the end of the world. Good luck in your weight loss journey! I know you can do it.
  • Cyncham
    Cyncham Posts: 39
    Options
    Thank you for this post!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!