Best (fast) toning excerise for arms?

Options
I am your typical middle of the road person. I'm a good 15 pounds to my feel good weight but I am well in range of normal. However, I feel like any fat I do have now goes directly to my arms! You know what I mean Moms? Those nasty Mommy arms? I feel like my arms don't match my body :) Anyway, I so don't want to bulk them up but I would love to tone them up before it get warm.

Replies

• ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    Weights! And please understand that you will not get bulky! Think about how hard it is for guys to GAIN muscle...you want strong arm then lift heavy weights :) plus muscle burns more calorie than fat so you'll also be raising your metabolism! Weights are your friends...and not the barbie weights ♡
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned pushup.
  • SergeiKay
    SergeiKay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Weights! And please understand that you will not get bulky! Think about how hard it is for guys to GAIN muscle...you want strong arm then lift heavy weights :) plus muscle burns more calorie than fat so you'll also be raising your metabolism! Weights are your friends...and not the barbie weights ♡

Yup, lift weights, or do body weight exercises if weights are unavailable.

I'm never quite sure what people mean by "toning," but i'll assume you mean you want to get your arms leaner. You can't spot-remove fat naturally (surgically, of course you can), you can just lower overall body fat. But be patient, it is easy, but takes time.
    Good luck!
  • MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about bulking up. Train heavy with weights, and do a lot of push ups. Good luck
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You have to reduce your overall body fat. No exercise will reduce the fat in a specific area. Lift weights, do push-ups, do cardio and eat at a deficit. Your body decides where fat loss comes from when. Cardio helps you build a bigger deficit and lifting (and not 5 pound weights, either) helps you to maintain muscle. You will not get bulky arms.
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I guess by toned I simply mean thinner vs. mini man arms or Kelly Ripa arms. Some men and women love the muscular look on a woman but that's not what I want. Thanks for the reply!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    First, let go of the myth that you'll "bulk up" if you lift weights or do resistance training; it's simply not true.

Do push-ups and more push-ups. Keep your elbows in close to your body, don't let them flare out. Watch a few videos on YouTube to learn the proper technique. It's amazing how many people do them incorrectly.

Bicep curls and dips are good too.
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll leave the 5 pounders in the closet and start with 10 :)
    Bye bye Mommy arms!!!
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    18lb kettlebell, and 12lb dumb bells. And planks
  • DostThouEven
    Options
    bench press, overhead press, bent over rows, chin ups. might as well throw in some squats and deadlifts while you're at it.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Soup can tricep kickbacks