Beachbody Slim in 6...?

Options
My fiance and i just started beachbody slim in 6 today and i cant find it in the data base... does anyone else do that workout? what category do you use to track your excerise? Any info is helpful =) thanks!

Replies

• going2bfit
    going2bfit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started it last week. I've been wearing my heart rate monitor that tells how many calories I burned and then just log it as general aerobics. Maybe someone else has a better way of logging it!

How are you liking it so far? I'm surprised at how much I love it!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't help you...hopefully someone will be able to?

What exactly is involved with Beachbody slim 6? I am currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred which encorporates cardio, strength and abs and this is calculated by many people on this forum as "circuit traning"

:flowerforyou:
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I log it as aerobics, low impact.
    I searched through forums trying to find an approximation of calories burned, which is about 500/hour if you really push it, apparently. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but it's the best I could do. Hope that helps!:flowerforyou:

Here's the links I used:
    http://teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/29693327
    http://beachbody.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/371/~/how-many-calories-am-i-burning?
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I would definitely suggest using a HRM to gauge your OWN calories burned and not guess. Everyone is different in calorie expenditure, so you don't want to overshoot it or under calculate. You can create a "custom" workout in the cardiovascular section, which I do for all my workouts.

What exactly is involved with Beachbody slim 6? I am currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred which encorporates cardio, strength and abs and this is calculated by many people on this forum as "circuit traning"

:flowerforyou:

Slim in 6 is a great 6 week program that incorporates strength training, stretching and low impact cardio. It's a progressive workout that you increase as you get stronger and gain endurance. It comes with a workout calendar and a nutritional guideline to make it effortless to succeed. If you have questions on the program, let me know, I'm a Coach for the company that created it, so have done it many times before and work with lots of customers on it.

Best of luck to all of you on your Slim in 6 adventures! :)
    Taryn
  • last25
    last25 Posts: 83
    Options
    I agree with choose2befit, that never ever go by what other's a burning in terms of calories b/c everyone is different. I log my beachbody workouts or any other workouts that I do individually, using my HRM to calculate calories burned. Best investment I ever made!! Turns out the MFP workout calculations on how many calories you burned doing certain things (anything really) was WAY OFF! So be careful.
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    The best way to track your cal's burnt is to purchase a heart rate monitor and plug the details into calculator that breaks up your calorie burn. You can then save yourself a new exercise (similar to how you enter a food that is not listed) and then it will roughly calculate your burn each time you do it. i always recommend using the HR monitor though because as you lose weight your calorie burn will reduce if you don't up the intensity.
  • punkrockpickles
    punkrockpickles Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Any tips on what kind of HRM to get? Brand, kind, cost that kind of stuff? We looked a little online but dont know what to look for lol