Newbie!

Options
Hi, I'm new to this site. However, I'm not new to the weight loss fight. I must admit that if you have named it, I have tried it: fad diets, diet pills, exercise programs, gym membership, the whole nine yards.

I was surprised at the amount of calories that I need daily. I'm at my heaviest non-pregnant weight, 200lbs and 5ft 7in. My goal is 150lbs, and I do not care how long it takes me to reach it.....as long as I reach it! I am supposed to eat 1600 calories a day......it will be difficult for me to eat this much (yes, I normally eat much less).

I have started doing Zumba 5 days a week, but cannot find it listed anywhere in the exercise list. Any ideas how to get it added or what to use in it's place for my log?

Amy

Replies

• aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's a great site to help you calculate how much to intake in your goal for weight loss. Don't forget that you are not limited to just the three meals. You can eat healthy through out the day to help you reach the caloric intake that you need. Good luck!
  • busyiam
    busyiam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this place is awesome!!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think your gonna love it here
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    From what I've read on this site, the best way to figure out how many calories you've lost with Zumba (or any other workout for that matter) is to get yourself a heart rate monitor with a chest strap. Most accurate!! Welcome! :flowerforyou: