Bump for later
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • chimalis
    chimalis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think I'll try these later ... hope they're delicious.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    OK. Made this.
    Luckily I only made half a batch. Sorry to rain on anybody's parade but it doesn't taste very good, which is how I judge treats. I'd much rather have 51 calories worth of a LOT OF OTHER THINGS than one of these rubbery, not-sweet, not-tasty brown-colored items. Even if it had zero calories I would not want to eat it.
    Very sad. I offered one to my husband and daughter. I left the room. When I came back in 1 minute later I asked if they were liking it. I then noticed that neither still had them. My daughter fessed up that she threw it away and my husband threw it out the window!! I will be trying mine for dessert. I hope that I will like it. Sort of doubtful, but hoping do the best. Fingers crossed.

just as i would have suspected.
    for some reason, many people on this site think that throwing old bananas into anything will make it low-cal and delicious.
    there are recipes on here for 20cal cookies, which is basically mashed banana and pb mixed and baked. um no.
    there's a recipe for low cal banana pancakes...mashed banana and eggs...that's it. um no.

i'll stick to working a real brownie into my calorie allowance.

thank you guys for the honest reviews.

I'm getting flashbacks to the banana 'cookie' debacle where they ended up in the bin (and me with a cross boyfriend who seemed to think I had tried to poison him). I'll see if some more reviews come in before giving this a go and will stick to my faithful chocolate banana icecream instead.
  • tRiNaBeAnZz
    tRiNaBeAnZz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That sounds amazing!!!
  • Eyesblu
    Eyesblu Posts: 60
    Options
    def making tonight..my stomach is growling right now soon lunch time
  • gaylaworrell
    Options
    Bump!
    I am a sheep.
  • micervera
    micervera Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    These sound delicious. I am going to try making these tonight.
  • namsokiehc123
    Options
    this sounds so yummy!! def going to try this when i go back home this weekend!!! thanks! :D
  • LaurenVamp
    LaurenVamp Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thoshowski
    thoshowski Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cbwilliams2004
    cbwilliams2004 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    bump my fave dessert!!! <3 brownies!!
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Trying these!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Yum... Bump. =D
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    I have a heavily modified version of this recipe cooling on my counter right now. After reading reviews of sweetness issues, I added 1/4 tsp of pure maple syrup to sweeten it up, and used semi sweet chocolate chips. Hoping those helped.

**My modifications**

3 (small) smashed bananas
    1 tablespoon *roughly* Almond Butter
    1/2 Tsp Natural Vanilla Extract
    **mixed those together really well**
    1/3 Cup Almond Meal/Flour
    1/4 Cup cocoa powder
    1/4 tsp pure maple syrup
    1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
    1/2 cup diced walnuts...

greased pan with coconut oil and baked at 350 for about 20 minutes until the toothpick came clean. It smells fabulous, but they're still cooling so I can't say for certain how it turned out.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Bump - Delish! :)
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    For the record, my modified recipe was fabulous. The texture was a little rubbery and I maybe next time will add a few more chocolate chips.... but it was pretty darn tasty and killed that craving. Thanks!
  • amazing_shrinking_woman
    Options
    bump
  • GracefulPinkMorpho
    Options
    @wtfusernameis Thank you for that recipe, that'll work very well with my Paleo diet and sounds absolutely delicious. I've been looking for new recipes. :)