Small Victory -- What Was Yours For Today?

Options
I had a day of eating on my food plan. I ate delicious and nutritious foods today. I even had left over calories. I added in an unplanned beverage and kept it within my calorie allotment.

I am very proud of myself for today. I want more days like today where I enjoyed my food, was comfortably full, and didn't overeat or starve.

It hasn't been perfection since I found this site a month ago. I have had more days than not when I eat more than what I planned, more than my daily caloric allotment.

The past week has been brutal culminating with me having over 1000 additional calories last night. When I logged the food I ate in to my food diary last night and saw the damage, and read the "if you eat like this, you'll weight ____ on _____," I cringed, covered my eyes. Then I got back up. Entered my food for today. Asked the universe to keep me willing and thanked it for what it has given me and taken away. Wrote out my food plan for today.

I have to celebrate this small victory as much as I would if it were a long-term victory. If I put together enough days of these small victories then I'll be able to replace the days of overeating and self-loathing, replace it with feeling happy, joyous and free which is what I want.

Replies

• jelr
    jelr Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am always more successful when I preplan. Make what I can ahead of time such as a large batch of health tuna salad for tuna melts, make turkey curry and portion it out in pyrex dishes for single meals, and have a meal plan each week that I shop for a few days ahead of time.
  • Atojiso
    Atojiso Posts: 15
    Options
    Today, after "taking a break" for the holidays in November, and incidentally gaining 11 lbs (oops!) I started 30DS for the 1st time AND ate under calories! =D
  • nannybubbles
    Options
    Well done... if you are honest with yourself, any day that ends around target is a great day!

I don't know if this helps, but I tend to fill my food diary out for the whole day after I have had my breakfast... I think about what I have in or what I fancy enough to go out to get, then plan it all in.... that way I don't faff about staring into the fridge or cupboards wondering and I look forward to whatever is next.... it's not set in stone so I often re-jig it or add any extras or even, like the other evening think... ooh I didn't have that... or that... or that! So I took it out, asked myself if I was hungry, which I wasn't, so ended up with a deficit.... doesn't happen that often ! and I am trying to eat back all my exercise calories at the moment...

I also have the luxury of only having to buy / cook for myself now so when I go shopping I just do not buy the bad / tempting / evil stuff! My local supermarket has Haagen Daas ice cream on offer at half price at the moment and I walk past the *&%$^&*&** poster every morning!! It used to be right up there on my short list of my ultimate irresistibles... when I first saw it I pondered (for a nano second) buying a tub to "keep in" for a little treat now and again.... nah .. nah... nah ...nah ... nah!!! Pre healthy I could never decide between buying strawberry shortcake flavour ?? (can't even remember the name now!!) or pralines and cream.... (sorry I had to go and lie down a minute) so I always bought both and woofed both down between the car and the freezer (slight exaggeration, but not much) so how the hell do I expect to just dip in now and again??? i would have been fooling myself ...
    So well done on your not so small victory.... keep it up and you will be forced to report a major victory ... good luck! (and sorry for all the brackets!)))
  • JannerTone
    JannerTone Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My little victory was quite a simple thing really.....I had to tighten my belt one notch..........result!
  • Danipri22
    Danipri22 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Not really a victory as such, but my son was excited slung his head backwards and headbutted me in my collarbone - it bloody hurt! lol Sooo, my nsv is that I actually have a collarbone that sticks out!
  • kitscatpaws
    Options
    I put on my pants this morning and was struggling to tie the button and when I looked down I saw that the button was tied already when I pulled them on.
    I had to put a belt on too otherwise they will fall down :happy:
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I did Pure Cardio without stopping :laugh:
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I did 40 burpees and I was able to wear a pair of pants to work that i'd not been able to fit into for a year.
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Well, it's not diet or exercise-related, but I lost another inch off my waist today. I'm 5 months post-partum. I had really bad ab separation after I gave birth so I got the Bellefit. As of today, I lost eight inches off my waist wearing it. I measure near my naval as that is where the ab separation started. I still have some fat to lose off my stomach, but I finally closed the gap.
  • JenJenER
    JenJenER Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This morning I put on my belt and needed to tighten it. I looked down and realized it was in the last hole already. It made me smile really big. :happy:
  • susiemeri
    susiemeri Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Not a small victory at all. I outgrew my wedding ring about 6 months ago and today I decided I would just TRY to put it on and see what happened. I am wearing my wedding ring again.
  • annpat28
    annpat28 Posts: 42
    Options
    Someone brought in 2 boxes of donuts this morning at work (i love donuts) and i didn't eat any. My pants are getting a little baggy
  • jessicas082409
    jessicas082409 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight last year by July, slacked off in September and managed to pack almost all of it back on by December....TODAY I weighed in and finally managed to lose 20lbs!!! Also, I've hit the weight floor twice this week(social anxiety....def. a win for me!)
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a sweater a size smaller than I usually wear and it isn't tight on me :)
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I avoided the free cookies in the kitchen at work.
  • andreagreen1974
    andreagreen1974 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wearing Size 16 jeans and I need a belt. LOVE non-scale victories.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    After a long time- like months the scale is moving again- i changed up my workouts this week (and had much anxiety over it) but the darn thing moved today and I am SOOO GRATEFUL!! I have a lot to lose and I need the scale to start cooperating! So today after a LONG plateau I am on my way again!
  • Tonya0605
    Tonya0605 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Out of six pair of work slacks - only two are decent enough to wear. All others are too big to the point of almost looking sloppy. Ready to step foot in the department dressing room - which before I absolutely loathed.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Yesterday: Even though I was tired and need to do laundry after work last night I ran.

Today: I woke up early and ran.
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Went shopping and tried on a size 14 in Old Navy (they run small) and the pants fit! Hallelujah! I almost cried tears of joy in the dressing room.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!