Hello from Ireland

Options
This is a great site. I started Sl*m F*st today. Have about 5 stone to lose. Am determined now!

Good luck to us all.

Replies

• susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! :)
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Welcome tothe site stick with it and you will do great :flowerforyou:
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Wow from Ireland, welcome to the site the place to be. Its been really great for me. So what does a stone mean?? Is that the same as a pound?? I've seen that on a few people's blog. Well good luck!!:drinker:
  • evanbeek
    evanbeek Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So what does a stone mean?? Is that the same as a pound??
    1 stone = 14 lbs.
    5 stone = 70 lbs.
    (stone never goes plural. 1 stone, 2 stone, 30 stone, etc.)
  • abbygb
    abbygb Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for all the nice welcomes. I just finished my dinner and I am finally feeling full!

Yes a stone is 14 pounds, sorry. So I need to lose about 70 lbs. (32kg)
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    welcome welcome welcome!! Good luck! I find this site to be very useful in keeping me motivated and accountable! Feel free to add me as a friend! We can cheer each other along (and vent if needed--lol!),:flowerforyou:
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    So what does a stone mean?? Is that the same as a pound??
    1 stone = 14 lbs.
    5 stone = 70 lbs.
    (stone never goes plural. 1 stone, 2 stone, 30 stone, etc.)
    Thank's for letting me know.. I feel alittle more in the loop now when I see it written on someone's page.. :wink:
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hey there :flowerforyou:

Another Irish lass nice to meet ya thanks for the FR :drinker:

Yeah I hear ya on the stone v lbs :laugh: took me a while to adjust but now even my scales are in lbs not stone :bigsmile:

PS what part of Ireland are you living in :wink:
  • abbygb
    abbygb Posts: 9
    Options
    I am in Dublin. Doing OK so far, having lost 11lbs. My daughter had her 3rd birthday yesterday and I wasn't as bold as I could have been with a party full of sweets, chocolate cake, crisps etc. We were all SO tired today that I just couldn't do my walk. :yawn:

I have to remember to check back here for posts as I am used to having email notification on other forums.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm from the US, but I'm half Irish and my little sister is a competitive Irish dancer, so I grew up with it. I tell ya, that is one AWESOME way to stay in shape, my sister is so muscular and fit! I want to visit Ireland one day, I think I have relatives over there still... it would be really cool to see the country and meet them.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I am in Dublin. Doing OK so far, having lost 11lbs. My daughter had her 3rd birthday yesterday and I wasn't as bold as I could have been with a party full of sweets, chocolate cake, crisps etc. We were all SO tired today that I just couldn't do my walk. :yawn:

I have to remember to check back here for posts as I am used to having email notification on other forums.

Ahh I am a Dub too but at the mo living down in Tipperary :grumble: hoping to get back up there again once the job scene starts changing for the better :wink: What part of Dublin are you from I am originally from over the Northside :smile:

Well done on staying in control surrounded by all those goodies and for the 11 lbs loss way to go :bigsmile: I wouldn't worry about the walk I am sure you burned off enough cals looking after all the kids :laugh: