When you get lost in your head while exercising...

Options
2»

Replies

• MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Theatre music- I'm a complete theatre nerd so I imagine myself performing on stage.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    "Keep going. Only 2 miles to go. I need to stop. No I dont, I've done this before. Nah, I hate this. Just do it and get it done. **** this ****. I can do it. No I ****ing can't ..." And on and on for the whole 30ish minutes.

I do that ALL the time too. "Only 20 more minutes...maybe I'll stop early today...No i can't....17 more minutes"
  • marooned
    marooned Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    "Keep going. Only 2 miles to go. I need to stop. No I dont, I've done this before. Nah, I hate this. Just do it and get it done. **** this ****. I can do it. No I ****ing can't ..." And on and on for the whole 30ish minutes.
    So true!!! smile:
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I think about absolutely nothing and I love it!!
    My mind races all day and night, I have a hard time sleeping because of it. The only time I find that I am not thinking is when I am working out, my brain just shuts off and it's such a great feeling.

That's great! I've been unable to find a way to totally clear my brain except with marijuana :/ but working out does de-stress wonderfully, and it helps me sleep better too.
  • Ramberta
    Options

I do that constantly for about the first mile or so, then I get into the swing of it and start enjoying it :) but I think everyone does this to some extent, haha!
  • jbr121
    jbr121 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Sounds familiar - glad its not just me!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I run from Zombies. Literally. I load up the "Run! Zombie!" app and try to avoid becoming a snack.

JM
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    If the music is good I'm usually dancing in my head.
  • SallyDawnK
    SallyDawnK Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Your head sounds like mine, but you mustbe better at it since your post list your success. Way to go
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I am a back-up dancer for Missy Elliott when i work out.
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    I try to work out in the morning before lunch, so I try to imagine all the stuff I'll get done today, or I'll
    think about the most recent events of my favourite soap operas ;)
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

This, but add in a few "quit being a b***h baby and lift/keep going!"
  • Ramberta
    Options
    I run from Zombies. Literally. I load up the "Run! Zombie!" app and try to avoid becoming a snack.

JM

Haha, if I had a smartphone I would totally use that app! As it is I'm a zombie in the Zombie Outbreak! group challenge on here :) braaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnsssssss!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    It varies..and depends on the exercise I'm doing:

When I'm lifting I tend to get caught up in the "Holy sh... I'm squatting the equivalent of a healthy sized woman on my shoulders. I'm a goddess." GRUNT. "Damn straight I can keep going" GRUNT. "Oh snap, I lost count.".

Jogging I get this picture in my head of being some kind of escaped wench/maid running through green fields with mountains around me like it's my first taste of freedom.