I am too tired to exercise today :(

Options
I am EXHAUSTED. I did about 25 minutes of VERY LOW impact cardio, and burnt like 170 calories. I need to do more, but I am so tired today! Not from exercising, just in general. Its been a pretty lazy day, its raining out, and ive mostly been sitting inside reading... :P
How can I boost up energy so i can at least get another 15 minutes of exersise in? or is it okay to skip it for a day?

Replies

• ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    If your tired, take the night off. You definitely don't want to overdo it. Maybe your body is just trying to tell you it needs a rest? Plus, the 15 minutes you already did is definitely better than nothing!!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Only thing is that I am going to make myself get up and do something while my kids are doing baseball practice tonight. I know that once I get out there and start I won't feel tired. I will when I get home but that is ok :smile:

So join me...get up and do it. You will feel better afterwards. :flowerforyou:
  • busyiam
    busyiam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was feeling the same way today. Didn't really feel like exercising but forced myself to do it and ended up working out for 120 minutes! I felt so much better after my workout, glad I didn't skip.

But if your body is tired, you may need a rest.
  • evanbeek
    evanbeek Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Another option is some relaxed yoga or stretching. It's really good for you, burns a few calories and doesn't feel like exercise.

Btw. Your profile picture is great. : )
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    When I feel totally exhausted I try and make an effort to do a light workout--usually I forget about being tired halfway through and I end up sleeping really well so I'm not as tired the next day.

Also, I'm not sure if you're eating all of your allotted calories, but it really makes a difference if you do (including exercise cals).

Good luck!
  • rsb0004
    rsb0004 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm totally exhausted but I think it is because I'm not getting enough calories. Good luck and hang in there.