See a good movie over the weekend?

Options

Replies

• Donna753
    Donna753 Posts: 7
    Options
    Went yesterday and saw sex and the city 2 . it was funny, a friend wants to go see letters to juliet let ya know what I think about it..
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    My bf and I keep watching Year One w/ Jack Black because it is so hilarious! I just love "Oh".
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    rented Ninja Assassin from the Redbox, and also Legion. Ninja Assassin was a good action flick, if a bit gory. reminded me a bit of the Sin City gore, or Kill Bill gore..... Legion wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be, but both movies were entertaining!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I saw Prince of Persia Saturday. It was pretty cool - and Jake Gyllenhaal isn't too hard to look at.

Just sayin'. :love:

Oh, Mina! I agree - The Box was a piece of crap! :sick:
  • Mina133842
    Options
    sad really, since they probably pumped a lot of money into that production too! hubby had been looking forward to it, but I was mostly just like, "what was that?!" I mean, I get it, but LAME.
  • specialsong77
    specialsong77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Went and saw the new Shrek movie last week and it is SO much better than the 3rd one (IMO) I LOL'ed a lot. LOVE the fat Puss in Boots. :D
  • specialsong77
    specialsong77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    watched part of Paul Blart, Mall Cop over the weekend on one of our movie channels, and laughed...the Hello Kitty Bandaid gets me every time..

I watched that the other day and it was funnier than I anticipated. I laughed quite a bit. You just can't take it too seriously. I like a movie i don't have to think about to "get it" sometimes. ;)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    watched part of Paul Blart, Mall Cop over the weekend on one of our movie channels, and laughed...the Hello Kitty Bandaid gets me every time..

I watched that the other day and it was funnier than I anticipated. I laughed quite a bit. You just can't take it too seriously. I like a movie i don't have to think about to "get it" sometimes. ;)

I liked Mall Cop a lot too! That guy from King of Queens is just hilarious. Have you seen Chuck & Larry? Rolling on the floor funny!
  • Mina133842
    Options
    haven't seen Chuck and Larry, I may have to see if I can find it. Rented the Road from the Redbox- it was okay, but towards the middle, I was like, geez.....come on and get with it. Was a little disappointed at the ending, and found some of the story lacking....made me want to start a small little stock pile of supplies tho....lol gotta love the end of the world, nuclear war scenarios...at least people weren't zombies in it...

did love seeing some places I had been to though- like the shipwreck of the Peter Iredale on the Oregon Coast..
  • Mina133842
    Options
    watched the Sandra Bullock movie- All About Steve (I think that's what it's called). don't bother. not the best movie at all, and can understand why it went away silently.... lol
  • nikkidalo
    nikkidalo Posts: 1
    Options
    I watched "Away We Go" for the 5th time :). It is an adorable movie. If I ever have another baby, I hope to be as cute as Verona in her little hippie sundresses. The soundtrack is so good and the movie is just cute...highly recommended.
  • Mina133842
    Options
    rented the Book of Eli on Monday - enjoyed it, but was wondering if anyone else saw it, thought that he was blind, or going blind? or if there was some back story on that I missed...
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    rented the Book of Eli on Monday - enjoyed it, but was wondering if anyone else saw it, thought that he was blind, or going blind? or if there was some back story on that I missed...

Hi Mina,

I actually just saw that movie last weekend. I don't recall anything about him (I'm assuming you mean Denzel, right?) being blind. What part made you think that?

Diane
  • Mina133842
    Options
    that the Bible was in Braille, and he read it every day - my husband said at the last part that his eyes looked like they had cataracts, and also, some of the other signs- like smelling the highway robbers, and hearing things that other people didn't, just more aware of his surroundings, in things you Can't see...
  • gw348
    gw348 Posts: 4
    Options
    We watched... FOOD INC. Highly recommend!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    that the Bible was in Braille, and he read it every day - my husband said at the last part that his eyes looked like they had cataracts, and also, some of the other signs- like smelling the highway robbers, and hearing things that other people didn't, just more aware of his surroundings, in things you Can't see...

Gotcha. I had no idea the book was in braile, I just thought the pages were blank when that one guy tried to open it up like the ink could only be seen by Eli or something. But that all makes sense. Rented Wolfman last night but fell asleep to it, gotta finish it up today.
  • Mina133842
    Options
    saw Julie & Julia a while ago, I really enjoyed it, thought it was very cute... couldn't get hubby to watch it though. "chick flick"
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Mina--I totally agree with you on J&J. I really liked it too, but there's no way my bf would have sat thru it. It was a very neat plot, well written.
  • Mina133842
    Options
    yeah, his movie criteria - is there a gun fight, car chase, zombie/flesh eating monster, or some kind of gore??? then no, he probably won't watch it. Now, I did get him to watch Date Night at the theatre, but those kinds of things are pretty rare....and he did watch the Disney movie Cars... but that's because the title was CARS. lol
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Watched the weirdest movie ever last night..."Dare"...it was on our TV movie channel for free...and starts out like a typical high school movie but takes VERY odd turns. I think it is safe to give it a wide miss!