Day 2 of my coke addiction

Options
Okay Okay not THAT COKE just coke the soda.... I have not had a coke in 2 days. ive been a HUGE coke drinker since well I don't remember back when I wasn't. Yesterday all I wanted was a coke. It sounds crazy a drink would have such a hold. All I drank yesterday was juice no I didn't look at anything on the package sure it wasn't much healthier then coke but oh well... throughout the morning and afternoon. was juice and by 6pm just water. I hate water I feel like I don't get anything from it but I know drinking coke is where most of my calories come from and it just needed to stop. today all I have had is water don't seem to be wanting a coke but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Does any one get flavors to put in their water if so what brand,flavor, etc? cause plain water well its just nasty.

Replies

• arsan
    arsan Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    cause plain water well its just nasty.
    Lol well maybe you can try this? http://www.makeitmio.com/
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    About 1 week ago, I was drinking up to 48+oz of diet Coke. Now, I'm drinking 64+oz of water, plain old "nasty" water. And I don't miss the soda at all. Why? Cuz my body wants and needs water, not soda.

Give it a couple of days, your body will let you know what it wants.

Oh, and I tried Moi flavor enhancers and found that water just tasted "artificial".
  • fiyahwerks
    fiyahwerks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a Pepsi addict (one day I can say former). I used to drink between 2 2-liters in a day. It put me in the hospital (TMI: Really bad urinal tract infection) for a week and ever since I've been battling to do away with soda.

Today, I'm down to maybe 12-20 ounces of Pepsi a week and I make it my goal to drink half my body weight in water (104 ounces). Believe me, when I say I truly understand your struggle with water. I hated water. I wanted a cool, crisp, Pepsi. But I didn't want to wind up in the hospital and in so much pain because of it.

I would add lemons, limes and some days, fresh strawberries, blueberries or pineapple just to choke down 100 ounces of water.

In the beginning, my pepsi cravings was wild. I got headaches, mouth watered every time I seen that blue can or label. I would have pep talks in my head (I know, it sounds crazy, but people call it motivation), to stay away from the can/bottle. So you are in for a fight, but be strong.

Start your day with 2 - 16 ounces of water before eating, then sip water for the rest of the day. Another perk of cutting down or out soda is that your restaurant bills are cheaper. Do you know restaurants are charging up to almost $3 for a soft drink?!?!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I drink water all day at night for a 'treat' I use mio... I love their fruit punch flavor. Maybe try that??
  • KellyJoMorris
    KellyJoMorris Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Stick with it, soon you'll grow to like water!! Your tastebuds need to be re-educated! xx
  • imstrong4me
    imstrong4me Posts: 119
    Options
    I been trying to quit drinking diet coke maybe we can do a soda motivation for each other im having a hard time with that
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Stick with it, soon you'll grow to like water!! Your tastebuds need to be re-educated! xx

^^^^This.

But I like sparkling water; San Pelegrino in fact with lime or lemon.
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I hate water also. It's just soooo flavorless :( I do use the water flavorers because it's the only way I'll drink a lot of it.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I have been soda free for over a year now!! :drinker:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Ugh...I hate Mio. Bleh.

I used to get the peach tea powders to add to my water. It's how I broke myself of Diet Dr. Pepper.
    My favorite was the Crystal Light peach green tea with mango but when I started here and began noticing the calorie contents of everything, I switched to water.

Occasionally I have a Sparkling Ice. These are super-good. You can find them in the local grocery store.
    http://www.sparklingice.com/
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Still a soda addict here but when I do drink water I like to add an orange wedge or lemon wedge. Gives the water some extra flavor.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Okay Okay not THAT COKE just coke the soda.... I have not had a coke in 2 days. ive been a HUGE coke drinker since well I don't remember back when I wasn't. Yesterday all I wanted was a coke. It sounds crazy a drink would have such a hold. All I drank yesterday was juice no I didn't look at anything on the package sure it wasn't much healthier then coke but oh well... throughout the morning and afternoon. was juice and by 6pm just water. I hate water I feel like I don't get anything from it but I know drinking coke is where most of my calories come from and it just needed to stop. today all I have had is water don't seem to be wanting a coke but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Does any one get flavors to put in their water if so what brand,flavor, etc? cause plain water well its just nasty.

Try drinking just one at dinner, then you have something to look forward to.
  • Sunny____
    Sunny____ Posts: 214
    Options
    I read you can put frozen strawberries in your water (like ice cubes). I have used cucumbers in my water. I often drink squeezed lemon in my water and wheat grass juice cubes, but most people don't like it. I love it and it has replaced my diet coke, plus gives me tons of energy. I drink a lot of green tea (hey it's flavored water). What about drinking a selzer water with lime? I read that is not harmful at all. Maybe not as healthy as water, but better than soday.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    One person on here about two months ago suggested cutting up an apple and adding it to two liters of water along with a cinnamon stick and storing it in the fridge. It wasn't my thing, but my youngest daughter loved the stuff.
  • Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
    I squeeze the juice of one lemon into my water bottle and drink it all day long. With fresh refills of course.:drinker:
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I like Mio or I use orange slices
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    faucet water usually varies in taste(pending where you're at), and it's pretty free
  • Platypusimus
    Platypusimus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    cause plain water well its just nasty.
    Lol well maybe you can try this? http://www.makeitmio.com/

I really like Mio! The energy Mio and the Mio fit. :D
  • pensfan1
    pensfan1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm a reformed Pepsi addict. I hated water more than anything. I quit soda cold turkey, had massive headaches and mood swings for about a week, and am over it now. The first time I quit, I drank water with Propel mixed in. Not a fan of Crystal Light or Mio. I started soda again for a few weeks, but I've quit again. This time, plain water actually tastes a lot better. I think it's much easier to get into the water habit with some sort of low-cal or calorie free mix first, without a doubt. Funny, Pepsi doesn't taste all that good anymore.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Dasani Drops Pineapple Coconut

It's yummy yummy :flowerforyou: