DILF looking for a sparkle of inspiration

Options
1235»

Replies

• avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I think all you needed to do was post a thread saying, "Hello, I'm British and I have that English accent you all love so much... please form an orderly queue". :bigsmile:

Think that would work for a Scottish accent?

Speaking for myself only,Most of the American women I know ( myself included) are suckers for accents.

Scottish guy tried to pick me up in a bar years ago.He proceeded to tell me he had heard American women were easy.

His accent lost it's charm real quick after that.

Oh dear! I'm female though so don't know if my accent would have the same effect, everyone would probably keep asking me what I just said :laugh:

judging by some of the replies, id say the scottish fella was correct

perhaps so you ladies can read his posts with the accent maybe he should use comic sans as his font for you?

Ahem,Excuse me? The accent is charming but will only get you so far.

At least for me.
  • phoenixryder
    phoenixryder Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am feeling some discrimination here, I am single, childless and young...why can't I have me some DILF?!

I agree....why is it okay for it to be the other way round but not the way of the DILF...I think we should set up a campaign haha!!!
  • phoenixryder
    Options
    I'm learning lots of Brit speak from MFP friends,Particularly as it pertains to food.

I now know what a Wotsit is.

And DILF is the international language.

and may I share some more Brit terms with you, anybody who refers to themselves as a "DILF" is likely to be a "Bell-End" ;)

Bell-End...ah yes....this is a very affectionate term over here in England and it means someone who, whilst sat in church, is sat slightly closer to the church bell than the rest of the congregation....how kind of you my good Sir!!!!
  • phoenixryder
    Options
    I think all you needed to do was post a thread saying, "Hello, I'm British and I have that English accent you all love so much... please form an orderly queue". :bigsmile:

Think that would work for a Scottish accent?

Speaking for myself only,Most of the American women I know ( myself included) are suckers for accents.

Scottish guy tried to pick me up in a bar years ago.He proceeded to tell me he had heard American women were easy.

His accent lost it's charm real quick after that.

Oh dear! I'm female though so don't know if my accent would have the same effect, everyone would probably keep asking me what I just said :laugh:

judging by some of the replies, id say the scottish fella was correct

perhaps so you ladies can read his posts with the accent maybe he should use comic sans as his font for you?

At least for me.

I agree...the accent can be as charming as it likes but if the person isn't then it kind of falls flat on its face there.....

Fortunately I wouldn't know about that though hehe!!!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options

At least for me.

i said some....
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm learning lots of Brit speak from MFP friends,Particularly as it pertains to food.

and may I share some more Brit terms with you, anybody who refers to themselves as a "DILF" is likely to be a "Bell-End" ;)

Bell-End...ah yes....this is a very affectionate term over here in England and it means someone who, whilst sat in church, is sat slightly closer to the church bell than the rest of the congregation....how kind of you my good Sir!!!!

My mind went straight to the gutter.I thought I had a better understanding of Brit speak.After all,I do watch reruns of coupling and the vicar of dibley.( heavy sarcasm.I know there is more to the British then sitcoms that tell wildly funny dirty jokes).
  • phoenixryder
    Options

My mind went straight to the gutter.I thought I had a better understanding of Brit speak.After all,I do watch reruns of coupling and the vicar of dibley.( heavy sarcasm.I know there is more to the British then sitcoms that tell wildly funny dirty jokes).

Hmmm...no I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic about my sarcastic comment haha...ooooh so confused... well a bell end is actually 'white trash' talk for an unskilled, uncultured idiot....but as I am quite the opposite this term is often used by the 'bell-end' to signify jealousy. this is a British idiosyncrasy...to call someone a name that is derogatory and untrue because the person saying it is themselves that....I've never quite understood it to be honest but hey....jealousy is a horrible thing..

But i digress...Vicar of Dibley is one of the greatest shows ever made over here...Dawn French is a national icon and the funniest female comedian we have....I am amazed the humour travels as it is very very typically British and having lived in similar villages...it is mostly true haha!!!!
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Hmmm...no I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic about my sarcastic comment haha...ooooh so confused... well a bell end is actually 'white trash' talk for an unskilled, uncultured idiot....but as I am quite the opposite this term is often used by the 'bell-end' to signify jealousy. this is a British idiosyncrasy...to call someone a name that is derogatory and untrue because the person saying it is themselves that....I've never quite understood it to be honest but hey....jealousy is a horrible thing..

But i digress...Vicar of Dibley is one of the greatest shows ever made over here...Dawn French is a national icon and the funniest female comedian we have....I am amazed the humour travels as it is very very typically British and having lived in similar villages...it is mostly true haha!!!!

Dawn French is marvellous - and has the most amazing hair. I never noticed her weight, I was always fascinated with the sheet of straight shiny hair that swished this way and that, whenever she moved... where is the 'envious' emoticon when you need one?

Anyway, talking of 'lost in translation' differences, I have some American friends here who use the term 'bonked' to describe the tiredness and exhaustion they feel after a hard workout. I haven't yet plucked up the courage to provide them with the English definition of this charming word... :blushing:
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options

Dawn French is marvellous - and has the most amazing hair. I never noticed her weight, I was always fascinated with the sheet of straight shiny hair that swished this way and that, whenever she moved... where is the 'envious' emoticon when you need one?

Anyway, talking of 'lost in translation' differences, I have some American friends here who use the term 'bonked' to describe the tiredness and exhaustion they feel after a hard workout. I haven't yet plucked up the courage to provide them with the English definition of this charming word... :blushing:

Crazy Bonking American here. For the record? I know what "bonking" means on the other side of the pond. I find it adorably comical that the same simple word can have such wildly contrasting definitions, depending on where you live. I giggle a little over this every time a friend says something like, "My coach is working me so hard that I bonked in the pool last night." Or I read a workout article titled, "AVOID THE BONK". *giggle giggle smirk smirk* How can you not find that funny?
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    I would like to point out that there are other words that start with D besides daddy. this brings a different meaning to DILF
  • CookieCrumble
    Options

Crazy Bonking American here. For the record? I know what "bonking" means on the other side of the pond. I find it adorably comical that the same simple word can have such wildly contrasting definitions, depending on where you live. I giggle a little over this every time a friend says something like, "My coach is working me so hard that I bonked in the pool last night." Or I read a workout article titled, "AVOID THE BONK". *giggle giggle smirk smirk* How can you not find that funny?

Blushing so much now, Joe, as it was you I was thinking of when I referred to 'bonking'... :blushing:

We Brits can be so uncouth - yet so insufferably delicate over things sometimes.. but yes, too funny. I will never see that word and not think of you, Joe, my American double-agent provocateur... :bigsmile:
  • lorgrayson
    lorgrayson Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh bullocks, I won't get my knickers in a bunch....That's all the English I know. :drinker:
  • CookieCrumble
    Options
    Oh bullocks, I won't get my knickers in a bunch....That's all the English I know. :drinker:

We say, "knickers in a twist"... I think the Americans say "panties in a bunch".... both are v.v.v funny. :bigsmile:
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    "I'm a hot DILF"

That seems wrong in so many ways.

LMAO!
  • FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    "Get on it, like a car bonnet" ...sounds kinky :laugh:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

And we wonder why whites reproduce with the frequency of pandas.

Really?
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    "I'm a hot DILF"

That seems wrong in so many ways.
    that doesn't seem wrong, it IS wrong in EVERY way...not 100% on it, but i don't think your supposed to label yourself a MILF or a DILF....unless you're a guy who is attracted to dads or a woman attracted to moms? If so, DILF/MILF yourself up!!

This!