Share your goodies ;)

Options
htiafyenaffit
htiafyenaffit Posts: 64 Member
By that I mean to say .... I think that we should all share our "successful" healthy recipes like when you make them take a picture and post it with the recipe or link to the recipes and nutriton info :)

I'll be sharing at least 1 in the next few hours because its a snow day and Im on a cooking kick!

Replies

• jlynn102986
    Options
    I absolutely love this idea...I love to cook and am always coming up w great recipes...one thing I found kinda weird but amusing is yesterday at 10 am I ate a can of chicken of the sea tuna w 1 tbsp hellmans Mayo with 1 stalk of celery cut up in it and pepper and it actually kept me full until 6pm!! And it only came out to be like 300 calories
  • htiafyenaffit
    Options
    the interenet is definitely great for these recipes :)

im working on baked pumpkin donuts! I dont have a donut mold so they're not going to be beautiful but hey if they taste good and the cals are like 1/3 of a regular donut :)
  • FitBelleVie
    FitBelleVie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    EASIEST CHICKEN EVER. And it's like the best you've ever tasted... :)

Take 2-4 chicken breasts and put them in the crockpot, frozen. Put 1.5 cups of room temperature water, 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic and about 3-4 tablespoons fat free or light ranch on top of the chicken (Bleu cheese salad dressing is also very good but more fattening). Cover and put on low for about 7-8 hours (or high for about 4 hours but you will want to watch it).

Once the chicken is done, take two forks and shred the breasts. Take ice burg lettuce leaves and spoon the chicken in to the leaves and EAT! It's SO easy and seriously so, so good. My hubby and I would eat this every night if we could remember to put it together in the morning before work LOL.

ENJOY!
  • violinkeri
    violinkeri Posts: 212
    Options
    Tuna is great for stuff like this. I make mini tuna noodle casseroles by getting single serve mac and cheese, like easy mac, and mixing in a can of tuna!
  • htiafyenaffit
    Options
    Pumpkin Donuts with Pumpkin spice sugar

donuts_zpsd876d8ab.jpg

This is the link right to the recipe I found on pintrest :)
    http://www.theredheadbaker.com/baked-pumpkin-doughnuts-with-vanilla-glaze/

That recipe has a vanilla glaze to cut the cals I did sugar with pumpkin pie spice sprizted each donuts with no cal butter spray and dipped in the sugar mixture

My recipe made 20 donuts at 100 cals a piece just 2 cals to add the sugar on top so a measly 102 calories vs. 320 for one pumpkin pie donut at dunkin ;)

I didnt have donut molds so mine have no holes lol but still delish!!
  • Happygirl50
    Happygirl50 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • htiafyenaffit
    Options
    Last night I made chinese chicken and broccoli wasn't all what I wanted it to be but was still delicious :) Ill have pics later and ill definitely have pics of tonights dinner yet another pintrest recipe
  • lisam221
    lisam221 Posts: 6
    Options
    One of my favorite dinner recipes is my turkey enchilada casserole. It's super easy to make and full of protein. And depending on your serving size (we usually get 6-8 servings out of a 9x13 baking dish) it's between 300-400 calories and very filling.

Not sure if I'm adding the link correctly, but you can find the recipe along with pictures at.
    http://www.lisalovesgoodfood.com/turkey-and-refried-bean-enchilada-casserole/

I have a lot of other healthy recipes there and most of them are very simple to make.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • babsmoran
    babsmoran Posts: 29
    Options
    bumping for later
  • Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    EASIEST CHICKEN EVER. And it's like the best you've ever tasted... :)

Take 2-4 chicken breasts and put them in the crockpot, frozen. Put 1.5 cups of room temperature water, 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic and about 3-4 tablespoons fat free or light ranch on top of the chicken (Bleu cheese salad dressing is also very good but more fattening). Cover and put on low for about 7-8 hours (or high for about 4 hours but you will want to watch it).

Once the chicken is done, take two forks and shred the breasts. Take ice burg lettuce leaves and spoon the chicken in to the leaves and EAT! It's SO easy and seriously so, so good. My hubby and I would eat this every night if we could remember to put it together in the morning before work LOL.

ENJOY!

BUMP BUMP!! cant wait to try this!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • aedan77
    aedan77 Posts: 11
    Options
    peanut butter with banana on whole wheat bread.....i can't exist without peanut butter lol