40 year old crowd?

Options
Looking for motivational friends in the 40+ age group. I work 10 hours a day and have a busy home life so it helps to find people struggling with the same issues, just saying :-)

If you care to add me it's chantellesandberg

Thanks!
Chantelle

Replies

• mjhmjhmjh
    mjhmjhmjh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 43 and Also work long hours. I have 3 children, 18 years, sixteen years and 18 months So always busy! Send me a friend request if you want
  • kat3a1
    kat3a1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HI :) Feel free to add me as well. I am 42 with 2 boys, one with dissabilities and work full time as well... Not easy but that's why we are super mom's!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will find that there are a lot of people in our 40's that are trying to get healthy for ourselves and our families! I am 47 and have 3 men/children (24, 20, 16) and have been married for 27 years. I work 2 jobs and have very little time at home, especially when I add in all the housework and gym time.

I have been using MFP since the first of the year and have dropped (as of this morning) 18 lbs. If you faithfully enter everything you eat and all your exercise, you will have success!

Add me if you'd like. I will support you along the way.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    47 and a dad of a teenage boy. Add me if you like. 14 lb lost in 40+ days
  • buudharich
    Options
    Approach 40 quickly. 38 with full-time work and full-time Seminary. You can add me if you like. :-)
  • sburiel
    sburiel Posts: 18
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm 42 (with two boys ages 18 and 20). I was faithfully using MFP last year but then relapsed because I hurt my foot. I've been back now for the last few weeks and feel really good. I could use friends too!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, work 12 hour days, and have 3 teen boys.

It can be a challenge.
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    42 and ride a Harley.....
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    47 years young. Feel free to add me one and all!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    46 and hanging on..no kids ( that i know of..)
  • MYvantagepoint
    Options
    I'm 47 And Back On The Weight Loss Get Fit Wagon! ADD ME!:smile:
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, work between 8 and 10 hours a day, commute for 2 hours a day on top of that and am finding it hard being motivated to exercise when I usually only have a couple of hours in the evening before I have to sleep. So would be happy to give and receive motivation to increase my exercise, and maybe lose a little bit more weight in the process.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, work between 8 and 10 hours a day, commute for 2 hours a day on top of that and am finding it hard being motivated to exercise when I usually only have a couple of hours in the evening before I have to sleep. So would be happy to give and receive motivation to increase my exercise, and maybe lose a little bit more weight in the process.

I work 12 hour rotating shifts. On a day shift I get up at 2:30 to be to the gym by 3, workout till 4, leave for work, start work at 5, work till 5, shower, go home, eat dinner, then go to bed around 7:30. (I hate exercising after work because the gym is packed, I'm tired, and I just want to spend time with the wife before I have to go to bed.)

On nights, I get up at noon, go to the gym, go home, get ready for work, leave at 4, start work at 5, get off at 5 go to bed at 6, when I get home.

Days off are awesome. I get about 14 of those per month if I don't do any overtime. Those are the days I catch up on sleep, laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc. I usually hit the gym at around 10 am on days off.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm "$39.95 plus shipping and handling"! Diary open to friends. Feel free to add me one and all... please mention this thread when doing so.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    43 years old, 2 teenage daughters, a full time job and a part time job......it can be done! Feel free to add me to (and anyone else here too).
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    @dave4d That's dedication. I used to spin 4 times a week but even after a year I loathed it. Now I find roller skating (as in training for derby) and boxing more enjoyable and something I actually look forward to. Unfortunately it's also meant more injury (especially skating) so I've been laid up with a fractured tailbone for nearly 8 weeks and have lost motivation as a result.

So please, feel free to kick my butt and get me out there again.
  • Beachtreasures
    Beachtreasures Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Always happy to have motivated hard working people around. I am on daily, log my meals and my diary is open. Anyone can add me if they like.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I'm 43, and don't feel my age at all.........
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    44 year old single working mom.At work about 11 hours a day.Trying to squeeze it all in.

Anyone can add me