Leslie Sansone Walk At Home Challenge- Start 14 June

Options
rjm8185
rjm8185 Posts: 81 Member
Anyone interested in a Leslie Sansone Walk at home challenge. Completing one of her walking DVD's everyday (if possible) for a months. I'm new to all this but I'm going to try and walk 50 Miles between 15 June and 15 July. I think her DVD are great for people who are not used to much exercise and need something a little easier. It would be great if we could get a team of walkers and maybe try and hit 500 miles or even a 1000 if there's enough people interested. Just let us know if your interested and tell us what your target is for the month and we can all report back as we go along and try to encourage each other, Go on give it a try.
Rob PS. STARTS MONDAY 14 JUNE 2010

Replies

• PastorRick
    Options
    I'm in!
  • My600PdLife
    My600PdLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I may have one of those DVD's at home, if so, I'll join in.
  • marianna47
    Options
    I don't have this DVD, but does it count aswell to walk an hour every day with my dog?
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have 2 of her dvds and getting more so i'm in as well.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I"m in . . . I'll get back with you after work on my goals. WATP are the only workouts I've used since I started losing weight.
  • Claudina
    Claudina Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sounds neat, and doable. Thanks for this. :) I just started using her Power Walk Mile DVD (had had it for a year or so, and just pulled out a week ago because I failed to continue the intense INSANITY workout I had been doing in March and April) but haven't been good about doing so every day. My recent plan was to try to do it 5-7x/week but also to walk outside some (tho my allergies make that not a good idea in May/June due to grass pollen).

So.... I'm in. I would like to join and will do the Power Mile at least 5-7x/week, but will make my goal 30 miles in a month so that either I have to do the DVD daily, or double-up on some days.

June 14 here we come! :)
  • rjm8185
    Options
    Absolutely, that's great, do you know what distance you cover with your dog, then we can add your Miles too! brilliant
  • SisterC
    SisterC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I love Leslie Sansone dvds...when I first started this journey, I could not get through 10 min of one...having lost 127 so far, I think this challange will help me reach my final goal...okay, we are starting Monday, June 14th. Thanks for coming up with this challenge!! Hugs, SisterC
  • Sarah_LM
    Sarah_LM Posts: 96
    Options
    I'm in, I love her workouts!! I'm going to do 50 miles in 4 weeks, thats fairly doable for me.
  • butterfly08uk
    Options
    I don't have any dvd's, I live in rainy Ireland and have just recently got a treadmill to try out for a month.
    Is this what ye are all using? Or are ye all out in the sun?
    Will my miles count? I do about 4 miles every day before work :)
    ps anyone out there want to befriend a newbie with 10lbs to lose?
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am doing a conservative C25K as well and am trying to do that outside as long as weather cooperates... so I will probably count those miles in as well. I'm planning on fitting an at least a 1 mile quick Leslie Sansone workout/week as well... at least until I start running in a few weeks (yikes!)

For those of you without DVDs, here's a link to a workout on Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVjwkaLGDk&feature=channel
  • rjm8185
    Options
    This is all great, Yes of course you can join in even if you don't have the DVD's. Any kind of walking is great, is all counts. Anyone who's interested can see a Leslie Sansone 1 mile walk via Youtube.com. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVjwkaLGDk
    See what you think.!
  • Sarah_LM
    Sarah_LM Posts: 96
    Options
    I find the one mile work too easy but if you do the 2 mile in thirty minute walk I find its just right :)
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in joining, but I can't promise to do 50 miles in a month. I can probably do 25 miles during the month. I need to get the DVD. You guys all make them sound great. I'm looking forward to this!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    You can also visit Leslie Sansone's website. www.walkathome.com Check out the DVD's in her walk store to get an idea of all the stuff she has availabe. I don't recommend buying from her store because the shipping is high and you can get them cheaper at wal-mart, target, best buy, and I've even had people tell me they rent them from netflix to try them out before they buy. Supposedly Costco has a really great sale going on right now of some of her kits, but I don't have a costco nearby! :cry:
  • flwyland
    flwyland Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm in! I'll be able to get in about 25 miles since I alternate my workouts.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    This sounds like fun- an online walking club!
    I used to do volksmarches when I lived in Germany, I really miss that:frown:
    count me in:happy:
  • rjm8185
    Options
    Hi Everyone, we've had a great response and we now had 31 names in our walking team

We have decided to call ourselves The SWaT TEAM. And this is our June 14th Challenge (Sansone Walking Team)

I have most peoples mile targets for the month and some are gong to send them on Monday (please send them to me anytime)

If you want to ADD me as a friend that might make it easier to keep informed and MOTIVATED (hopefully)

New Walkers always welcome, All you have to do s WALK. Either with Leslie's DVD's or on the treadmill or walking the dog etc etc.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, LETS HIT THOSE TARGETS, WE CAN ALL DO IT. LETS WALK ACROSS THE POND (Atlantic)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Hey, quick question for those of you using the online Youtube video... how do you log it as exercise? I just logged as a 4.0 mph (since it took 15 minutes) but that seems a little high! Or at least I feel like I'm working so much harder struggling for 3.0 mph walking outside, even accounting for the fact that walking outside is harder than in-home or treadmill walking.
  • jaxi
    jaxi Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm in for 100 miles! See you on June 14th. :happy: