4 days coffee FREE

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
YAY!

I have had such a coffee addiction--for well over 25 years, and starting last Monday, I am on a 90 day bootcamp of sorts, just eating fresh organic fruits and veggies, and including nuts, seeds, whole grains and Hemp Protein and juicing as well as eliminating dairy, meats, processed foods (as much as possible), junk&fast foods and just eating and drinking so called "clean" for the next 90 days. Hopefully, this self-imposed bootcamp will turn into a forever lifestyle for me. I know the majority of people frown upon eliminating stuff from one's daily diet, but I've been at this battle of the bulge for a whole year now, and I've experimented with various thing and know what works for my body and what doesn't. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT--as far as I'm concerned, it's not a one size fits all deal.

Anyhoo, this is my 4th day without coffee and the withdrawal symptoms are finally GONE. This is the first day I'm not feeling headache-ish anymore--this is a big thing for me and I'm so GLAD! Also, my boyfriend (my hubby of 30+ years) just called to say he's going to the Mexican Restaurant and did I want anything and guess what? I told him NO, because honestly I don't want any--that's an even bigger miracle than being coffee free. I've got a long road ahead--but I am seeing victory in this battle and I am feeling stronger every day.

Replies

• bamshunny
    bamshunny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats on kicking coffee out of your life! I need to come off the coffee at some point myself.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Thank you bamshunny :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: it feels GREAT!
  • Grinb
    Grinb Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Darn I read it wrong, I was in for the free coffee LOL
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Trying to ween myself off preworkouts atm. -_-
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i quite caffeinated coffee in 2010. i felt a bit low for two weeks, and that was it, along with an occasional low-grade headache.

i drink decaf now, and honestly, it gives me as much of a boost as regular coffee ever did.

i have the occasional full strength diet coke, but i don't really miss caffeinated coffee.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Congrats ....... I too am coffee free for a little over a week now .......I use to drink coffee all day long and I am feeling great :bigsmile:
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    I'm on my way to 3 weeks tomorrow!
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I really want to quit the sauce but, I have such a hard time with withdrawals! Did you just go cold turkey? My problem is I love lots of cream and flavored coffee, iced coffee-all that coffee "junk". I won't go black and decaf.. May as well have none. Ugh, now you really have me wanting to do this again. This isn't the week, though- too much stress at work as it is and I have had migraines with coffee this week cannot imagine what would happen if stopped now-head may just explode, not pretty. Let me know how you did this...
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I really want to quit the sauce but, I have such a hard time with withdrawals! Did you just go cold turkey? My problem is I love lots of cream and flavored coffee, iced coffee-all that coffee "junk". I won't go black and decaf.. May as well have none. Ugh, now you really have me wanting to do this again. This isn't the week, though- too much stress at work as it is and I have had migraines with coffee this week cannot imagine what would happen if stopped now-head may just explode, not pretty. Let me know how you did this...

"quit the sauce" :laugh: :laugh::smooched: :laugh: :laugh: That's a riot! Yep, just cold turkey--BAM, see ya! We are TWINS in the problem dept of the LOVE of cream and flavored, iced and sweet coffees--that's the ONLY way I'd take it. I'd rather climb Mt. Everest than drink it black and decaf, just NO thanks. The day was okay, I felt weak and grouchy--but that night, UGH--it was monsterous, one of the worse nights I can ever remember. The next few days I'd been having headaches--strange kinda headaches though, not the type that would make me want to jump outta a window, just a dull and painful ache. Today, is the first day I haven't had a headache, I don't feel achy or like I want to scream.

When the time is right, you will do it. For me, I saw a pic of myself and ummmmm, :frown: :embarassed: :sick: I just KNEW I needed to begin with some new habits and OUT with some old habits. It wasn't really a matter of will power for me--it's like a sick and tired of being sick and tired and just say---NO more, not just to coffee either. It's like I have my mind made up--so it's not as
    hard as I thought it would be. Again, for me, it's a matter of determination, rather than will power. When you're ready, you'll stop and until then, honey enjoy!
  • SeraFee
    SeraFee Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Darn I read it wrong, I was in for the free coffee LOL

Haha! Me too!

Congrats on kicking the coffee habit...obviously my willpower is not quite so strong!
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oh man, that's so fantastic!

I would love to switch to tea full time, but between school, work, and keeping together an apartment, I barely get enough sleep to function without it. Luckily, I can live on only one cup, but more than that is torture for my belly. I'll try to quit when I finally graduate.
  • april_mesk
    Options

"quit the sauce" :laugh: :laugh::smooched: :laugh: :laugh: That's a riot! Yep, just cold turkey--BAM, see ya! We are TWINS in the problem dept of the LOVE of cream and flavored, iced and sweet coffees--that's the ONLY way I'd take it. I'd rather climb Mt. Everest than drink it black and decaf, just NO thanks. The day was okay, I felt weak and grouchy--but that night, UGH--it was monsterous, one of the worse nights I can ever remember. The next few days I'd been having headaches--strange kinda headaches though, not the type that would make me want to jump outta a window, just a dull and painful ache. Today, is the first day I haven't had a headache, I don't feel achy or like I want to scream.

When the time is right, you will do it. For me, I saw a pic of myself and ummmmm, :frown: :embarassed: :sick: I just KNEW I needed to begin with some new habits and OUT with some old habits. It wasn't really a matter of will power for me--it's like a sick and tired of being sick and tired and just say---NO more, not just to coffee either. It's like I have my mind made up--so it's not as
    hard as I thought it would be. Again, for me, it's a matter of determination, rather than will power. When you're ready, you'll stop and until then, honey enjoy!

You are right, I will get there. Your diet is quite perfect. Good for you with the great food! Coffee does leave me not feeling so swift. I do need to just ditch it and be done. Thank you for posting and inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I'm on my way to 3 weeks tomorrow!

You so rock, and I'm proud of you--WOOT!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I have been cutting down more and more on coffee. It's already half decaf and half regular, but I am down from a full pot to just a few cups in the morning. One thing that really helped was getting in more fruits in the morning. I feel more awake and without so much crash having some bananas and strawberries than I ever have with coffee. Might give it a try.
  • april_mesk
    Options
    I have been cutting down more and more on coffee. It's already half decaf and half regular, but I am down from a full pot to just a few cups in the morning. One thing that really helped was getting in more fruits in the morning. I feel more awake and without so much crash having some bananas and strawberries than I ever have with coffee. Might give it a try.

Will they do half d and half r at Dunkins?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

You are right, I will get there. Your diet is quite perfect. Good for you with the great food! Coffee does leave me not feeling so swift. I do need to just ditch it and be done. Thank you for posting and inspiration. :flowerforyou:

{{{{ April }}}} Thank you so much for your encouraging and uplifting reply! :flowerforyou:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options

I know Tully's and Starbucks have when I have gone there. I also do it at our local quick mart and Circle K's. I make my own at home though because I like to use flavored coffees from Sprouts. They have a FABULOUS Kona Hazelnut decaf That I mix with their Cookie Doodle regular. That helps me keep away from the CoffeeMate Creamer (AKA - Liquid yuppie crack!).
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

I know Tully's and Starbucks have when I have gone there. I also do it at our local quick mart and Circle K's. I make my own at home though because I like to use flavored coffees from Sprouts. They have a FABULOUS Kona Hazelnut decaf That I mix with their Cookie Doodle regular. That helps me keep away from the CoffeeMate Creamer (AKA - Liquid yuppie crack!).

"CoffeeMate Creamer (AKA - Liquid yuppie crack!)."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's sooooo funny for you to call it "Liquid yuppie crack"--cause that's JUST EXACTLY what it was like to me, some kinda drug or something. That's funny as all get out and deep too!
  • cfbiii64
    cfbiii64 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I gave up coffee July 1st last year...had been a 2 of 3 cup a day guy for 20+ years. For whatever reason, I just didn't want it...sleeping much better...Congrats on moving towards clean foods.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Congrats ....... I too am coffee free for a little over a week now .......I use to drink coffee all day long and I am feeling great :bigsmile:

Wow, that's amazing and I'm so proud of you--Thank you so much for posting this encouraging and most excellent post!!! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!