Finally Made the Diet Soda Cupcakes!!

Options

Replies

• LoveLaughSweatFuel
    LoveLaughSweatFuel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You can use any boxed cake mix and any can of soda. The egg whites are not needed. This is a old Weight Watchers "trick" for a treat with low points. Family has made numerous times with just mix and pop. Only thing I recommend is if you want light colored cake use light colored soda.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pixie01angel
    Options
    i actually was thinking the same thing.... but i assume the cool whip is for the frosting?????? LOL
    I finally made the cupcake recipe that I saw on the forum. I used.

1 Box of Orange Supreme Cake Mix
    1 Can of Diet Orange Soda
    2 Egg Whites
    Cool Whip Vanilla Frosting

photo-27.jpg

You just blend all of these ingredients together and bake as cupcakes. You leave out the whole eggs, oil, and water it calls for. I could not even tell the difference. I am going to use this recipe for when I make birthday cupcakes/cake now! This was definitely one of the best recipes on here!

not to sound like a nerd - it's late and i'm sleepy haha - list all the ingredients above...then...1st instruction says "you just blend all of the ingredients...."
    ...does this INCLUDE the coolwhip vanilla frosting - or is the frosting for later/on top?

:)
  • moopity
    moopity Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pixie01angel
    Options
    Never mind... just found the answer
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I finally made the cupcake recipe that I saw on the forum. I used.

1 Box of Orange Supreme Cake Mix
    1 Can of Diet Orange Soda
    2 Egg Whites
    Cool Whip Vanilla Frosting

photo-27.jpg

You just blend all of these ingredients together and bake as cupcakes. You leave out the whole eggs, oil, and water it calls for. I could not even tell the difference. I am going to use this recipe for when I make birthday cupcakes/cake now! This was definitely one of the best recipes on here!

not to sound like a nerd - it's late and i'm sleepy haha - list all the ingredients above...then...1st instruction says "you just blend all of the ingredients...."
    ...does this INCLUDE the coolwhip vanilla frosting - or is the frosting for later/on top?

:)

Coolwhip frosting is later on top.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    yummy
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    YOU DO KNOW THAT DIET SODA , is really really bad for you right ? LIKE ... UGH WOW!!!!
    food Nazi.
  • amjolst373
    Options
    oh I am SO trying the one with the pumpkin now!!!!! :D

I highly suggest spice cake or devils food. Both are amazing.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've used a can of diet Dr. Pepper and Devil's food cake....yummy!! I've also done the spice cake and pumpkin one!! I make pumpkin bread with it!

Dr. Pepper and devil's food....yup, this is on the to-do list next weekend. Or maybe with Cherry Coke Zero.
  • BLNKSN
    BLNKSN Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The combinations are endless:
    Orang soda with orange cake
    Straweberry soda/strawberry cake
    Ginger ale/chocolate cake
    Cherry Cola/Chocolate cake
    Ginger ale/spice cake....

Just take any of your favorites and add...also angel food cake mix and just about any soda (diet)...
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    marking this for later! any suggestions for what soda to pair with red velvet cake? maybe sprite?
  • ktkiffer
    ktkiffer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Another good. Recipe is a box of sugar free yellow or white cake mix an a 20oz can of pineapple tidbits with the juice. Just mix the two together and bake as cupcakes according to the temp on the box. They are delicious and only about 40 calories per cupcake without topping. You can use cool whip for icing if u want.
    Where have I been? I never knew there was such a thing as sugar free cake mix. Where do they sell it, cuz I am in!
  • Nurse_Christy
    Nurse_Christy Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I've tried an Angel Food cake mix & a can of crushed pineapple in it's own juice. That's all there is to it, you can make a cake and mix it all in the pan or do cupcakes. Baking time etc. will be on the back of the box.

Do be sure you pick out the proper Angel Food Cake mix for this as there are two types on most shelves. One you have to add eggs etc., but the one you use for the above recipe you add nothing (you'll see it on the front/side of the box).

clear as mud?:laugh: Well I hope you figure it out as it's really yummy!:tongue::wink:
  • kristy12379
    kristy12379 Posts: 239
    Options
    ALL of these sound so yummy! You may have just saved me from reaching for something really bad for me!
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    bump. yummy yummy
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I made a chocolate cake tonight with the diet coke and its like a brownie! yummmy!!