So...............Carbs...

Options
I have found out that having a bagel and cream cheese every morning helps me stay away from binge eating. I don't want to sound dumb by asking this stuff, so sorry if I do!

I am now craving pancakes for breakfast.

Is there something wrong with me if I'm craving carbs?

Some people say carbs are the devil and what keep people fat.

I just want to know what you guys think about carbs.

Please help :)

Replies

• Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Carbs? I love them. If it fits into my day I eat the **** out of them. Nuff said.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I would not fear them. Just make sure you are getting your protein and fat in as well. I eat over 200 a day and have been losing weight fine. I used to think I had to go low carb. This has been the easiest I have ever lost weight and keeping the carbs has given me so much more energy than I've had in the past.
  • ryry_
    Options
    I would also note if that is your bod in the profile pice then I doubly recommend to eat all the carbs you want.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I love carbs. Pretty much need them.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not the devil and will not keep you fat, even if you were fat in the first place. Excess calories keep you fat.
  • FitQueenBri
    Options
    Ok I'll stop fearing them then. Thanks for the support :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Bagels are carbs.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    18358448_3743_thumb.jpg

Whoa.. ^^ Is it getting hot in here or is it just me¿?:happy:
    stock-vector-illustration-of-a-smiley-trying-to-cool-itself-101153695.jpg
  • DaniAni19
    DaniAni19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have read that all carbs are not created equally...as in eat more complex carbs and try to minimize consumption of highly processed carbs. Have you tried eating something with around the same calories as a bagel and cream cheese but maybe less processed? For me I do best with a plant based protein supplement shake with a frozen banana and coconut milk first thing in the morning on the way to work and then around 10am, I have a serving of Greek Yogurt with berries or nuts and coffee...this really helps me to not binge during the day.
  • FitQueenBri
    Options
    Bagels are carbs.
    No **** Sherlock! I never asked if bagels were carbs....lol.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I love carbs. And I love pancakes!
  • FitQueenBri
    Options
    I have read that all carbs are not created equally...as in eat more complex carbs and try to minimize consumption of highly processed carbs. Have you tried eating something with around the same calories as a bagel and cream cheese but maybe less processed? For me I do best with a plant based protein supplement shake with a frozen banana and coconut milk first thing in the morning on the way to work and then around 10am, I have a serving of Greek Yogurt with berries or nuts and coffee...this really helps me to not binge during the day.

I have not!

What's the brand of the protein supplement you use? Would it work ok with soy milk?
  • wozniaks
    wozniaks Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I found a great oatmeal pancake recipe that's way better and taste good lol
  • ryry_
    Options
    Given equal calorie intakes the type of carbs you eat will have a negligible difference on weight loss/gain.

It could effect your hunger levels and other factors.
  • DaniAni19
    DaniAni19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I use Vega One because it is primarily raw and has probiotics and greens as well as protein. Yeah, it would be fine with soy. I personally avoid soy, but I've mixed it with almond milk and coconut milk!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    18358448_3743_thumb.jpg

Whoa.. ^^ Is it getting hot in here or is it just me¿?:happy:
    stock-vector-illustration-of-a-smiley-trying-to-cool-itself-101153695.jpg

Oh, you!!!

:wink:
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    Carbs are not the devil and will not keep you fat, even if you were fat in the first place. Excess calories keep you fat.

^ this.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    if you want pancakes eat pancakes, if you stay on track with your exercise and calories most days, i don't think it will hurt you to have pancakes one day
  • Treewud
    Treewud Posts: 12
    Options
    Carbs get a bad rap when it comes to dieting. About 45% of my calories come from carbs, you just got to get the right carbs(whole grain). The way carbs work is that when u eat a processed carb like white bread it pumps all that sugar into the blood at once then ur body reponds by releasing insulin( if your not diabetic) which trigger fat storing. with whole grain carbs like whole wheat it breaks down slower and pumps a steady flow into ur blood and theres no need for .insulin so it wont trigger fat storing. As a added note carbs are the easiest thing for ur body to turn into energy
  • FitQueenBri
    Options
    Carbs get a bad rap when it comes to dieting. About 45% of my calories come from carbs, you just got to get the right carbs(whole grain). The way carbs work is that when u eat a processed carb like white bread it pumps all that sugar into the blood at once then ur body reponds by releasing insulin( if your not diabetic) which trigger fat storing. with whole grain carbs like whole wheat it breaks down slower and pumps a steady flow into ur blood and theres no need for .insulin so it wont trigger fat storing. As a added note carbs are the easiest thing for ur body to turn into energy

Very helpful. Thanks!