Progessing since surgery

Options
On April 19, 2010 I took a major step in my life and had weight loss surgery, a fairly new procedure call Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. I was at my highest weight some weeks before that day. When my information was submitted to my insurance company for approval on March 12, I was at 219 pounds. I am a 5'0" woman, and so that put my BMI at 42.8, in the "morbidly obese" catagory.
With the pre-surgery, low-carb diet the surgeon put me on at that time, and the high-protein diet that you're on for two weeks prior to surgery, I had lost about 12 pounds before surgery day. As of yesterday, I have now lost 40 pounds! Now that I am seven weeks out from surgery and able to start eating more than just baby food and protein shakes, I have decided to use MyFitnessPal.com to help me track my food intake and exercise. It is very important that while I am in the first few months of this change that I re-learn how to eat, drink and exercise so that I am never back to "morbidly obese" again.
My goal is to lose a full 100 pounds, which would put me at 5' 0", and 119 pounds. Wish me luck! I'll be taking hints from all of you, too! Thanks, Nancy

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck!
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal. This site can be really helpful. Log your foods so you can see patterns. Even if you have bad days it will help you know what to do better.
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK and WELCOME!!
  • ashasm
    ashasm Posts: 35
    Options
    Welcome! I wish yo goodluck, and feel free to add me!
  • cherrylf
    cherrylf Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking that step. I had the gastric bypass surgery Jan. 12. I have lost 96lbs including the two weeks prior to surgery liqued diet. This tool is really helping me stay consistent. I have slowed down to loosing a couple pounds a week, but feel that is great.

Cherryl
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing progress. You're going to do great! This will be another tool in your toolbox toward a heathy life.