Crustless Veggie Mini-Quiches

Options
katyconser
katyconser Posts: 92 Member
Hey all!! Just made these little wonders, and I'm so happy with the result that I had to post the recipe!! The best part is that you can really throw whatever veggies and cheese you have right in, and I'm sure they will be just as great!

Veggie Mini-Quiches

1 c All-Whites egg whites
2 large eggs
1/2 t canola oil
1/3 c red onion, chopped
1/3 c red pepper, chopped
1 c asparagus, chopped
5 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed as dry as possible
1 oz soft goat cheese
1 oz grated parmesan cheese

1 - Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8 cups of a muffin tray with cooking spray.
2 - Cook the raw veggies in a nonstick skillet using 1/2 t vegetable or canola oil, seasoning to taste. Add the spinach and make sure the veggies are all well combined
3 - Evenly distribute the veggie mixture into the 8 cups, and top with the goat cheese and 1/2 of the parmesan.
4 - Whisk the egg whites and eggs together, season, and pour into the 8 cups. Top with the remaining parmesan.
5 - Bake for about 16-18 mins, or until just set. You don't want to overcook them, since you'll probably want to throw leftovers in the microwave for 30-45 seconds to reheat later :tongue:

Makes 8 (yeah, I ate 2... whatever haha) - 80 cals, 8 g protein, 3.5 carbs, 1 fiber, 3.5 fat

Enjoy!! :drinker:

P5150556.jpg

Replies

• urastupidchimp
    urastupidchimp Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Those look yummy!
  • citynotforsaken
    Options
    Delish!!!
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    There are some other mini-quiche recipes here but yours was the first one I saw and bookmarked. I've done a variation on these with eggs and powdered egg white protein and they really made it easy to get a hot tasty breakfast. Had them with a pair of veggie sausage links and it was awesome and filling and seemed to get the day off to an ideal start. Need to make another batch. This time I'm going to make a bigger batch with the snausages chopped right in, and with red onions and peppers.

Thank you for sharing! This is a good idea and the work goes a long way because they freeze so well.
  • EllenC7
    EllenC7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Will definitely be trying these! :)
  • pacosal
    pacosal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump! Looks delicious!!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, they do look good! :)
  • erod2974
    erod2974 Posts: 4
    Options
    They look and sound delish!!! Will def have to try!! Thanks!!!
  • pollard775
    pollard775 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Holy smokin spinach! These look amazing! I cannot wait to try them. Do they keep well if you make a batch ahead for the week? Thanks for posting this yummy recipe! Have an amazing day. :smile:
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!:flowerforyou:
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Bump!
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Holy smokin spinach! These look amazing! I cannot wait to try them. Do they keep well if you make a batch ahead for the week? Thanks for posting this yummy recipe! Have an amazing day. :smile:

In my experience they kept well in both fridge and freezer.

Also, I ended up making mine in a blender because I used fresh spinach; I made it up, let it sit, and then blended again before pouring. This kept the liquid distributed well throughout, which helped them hold together well.