PLEASE HELP! Any exercise I can do!

Options
I'm so lazy.

Please help me find an exercise I want to go and do. I've just finished my exams and I'm a complete slob. I have 12 weeks till my holiday and I want to at least fit back into my normal size clothes!

Can anyone think of something that will get me motivated? I was going to go for a walk today but it threw it down with rain and I sat eating cheese and biscuits! Now I'm going to the cinema!

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Park very far at the theater and walk! :happy: Do you have access to a gym? You could try 30 Day Shred. It's $10 and all you need are dumbbells so if you don't own dumbbells, you'll likely only pay $30 for the whole exercise and a lot of the girls on MFP love it! I've never tried it but I've seen the results some have posted.
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Well, if you are a complete slob as you say, then cleaning is a great work out! There are website programs that will email you everyday and tell you what to clean, so you don't get over whelmed. Otherwise, pace back and forth when you talk on the phone, take the stairs and not the lift, walk in place while doing the dishes. Anything to move, but cleaning does burn a ton of calories. Good luck to you! Hope you enjoyed the movie.
  • caitlin15
    caitlin15 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hey!

Do the Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred or any of her videos! I have heard amazing results in a short amount of time. If you'd like to read some more comments from other people there is a posting the exercise forum. I'm about to start the work out today and I am super excited!
  • beachdeb
    beachdeb Posts: 1
    Options
    Do you happen to have any of those websites regarding the cleaning exercises? Because for some reason I can't seem to get motivated to get up early in the morning and am tired when I get home from work and I need to do something until I see the payoff! Thanks! :-)
  • DOVE437
    DOVE437 Posts: 15
    Options
    When it is nice outside I will run using the podcast from www.c25k.com (nice as in no rain or extreme hear). Recently I started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I LOVE it! It works me really hard and has modifications if you need it. Both of these can be done in about 30 minutes and no need to drive anywhere.
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    beach - one of the websites is flylady.com She really helped me get my house in order.
  • karlowe
    karlowe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    zumba dance dvd is REALLY fun and sheds mucho calories and can be done daily in the living room. :smile:
  • littleitaly
    Options
    yoga! it's relaxing as you're doing it, and there are different levels of intensity that burn different levels of calories.
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    beach - one of the websites is flylady.com She really helped me get my house in order.
    That is who I was going to recommend. I made up my own spread sheet and having it hanging in a cabinet in my kitchen, so I can just mark things off, and it has days to do them, that helps me. See what needs to be done, what day to do it, and just take the 5 minutes or so to get it done. Good luck to you!
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    i just bought a skipping rope and love it! you can do it inside and you can do it while watching tv to take your mind off the fact that your actually exercising lol.
    even if you don't like exercising now once you get past the first few awful weeks of making yourself get up and do it, you'll grow to really love it and feel strange when you have a rest day! might be hard to believe now lol but keep trying!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I was a lot like you a few months ago, I couldn't find the motivation to do much of anything. I took front and side pictures of me in a sports bra and shorts and printed them out and taped them to the inside of my bedroom so only I could see them. That was a start for me to want to. I then started walking and currently have a challenge going here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/100747-my-100mile-challenge If you have a Wii, I suggest getting the game
    'Just Dance' , it helps me on rainy days. There's another game I've yet to try called 'Walk It Out', my friend Justin loves the game. Maybe go to your local mall and walk it as well. I was never a walker before MFP, but now I love it! Maybe you could check out the plan Couch to 5k at coolrunning.com Either way, good luck, hope you find what you are looking for! XoxoxoX Bru