Running NSV

Options
2»

Replies

• ashleyoh33
    ashleyoh33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Where can I locate the details of the C25K? I am ready to be healthy, and I believe I would LOVE this! Thanks!

I do the treadmill version because of snow where I live. It is located here:
    http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

The minute breakdown is the same outside or on a track too.

There's a great free app on iphone (and probably droid) that times everything for you and tells you when to walk and run (which i jog).

I will be doing a 5k on May 11th. It's the color run so it's not an intese race, just a fun run which I think will be a good way to get started with running races. I do need to start running outside soon though...
  • AQ3107
    AQ3107 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well done.

When I started running I used to get the runner's high after 3 miles, now I get it after 8.

Great effort x
  • nannybubbles
    Options
    Great job!!! Where can I locate the details of the C25K? I am ready to be healthy, and I believe I would LOVE this! Thanks!

I do the treadmill version because of snow where I live. It is located here:
    http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

The minute breakdown is the same outside or on a track too.

There's a great free app on iphone (and probably droid) that times everything for you and tells you when to walk and run (which i jog).

I will be doing a 5k on May 11th. It's the color run so it's not an intese race, just a fun run which I think will be a good way to get started with running races. I do need to start running outside soon though...
    Huuuuge congrats to the original poster! I thought I would try running because I absolutely love walking, at pace now .... but I too hated it so thought I'd stick to walking...
    I am doing the color run in a couple of weeks time, while on holiday in the states and I am sooo looking forward to it ... in my case it will be more like a colour walk tho!!
    you have all convinced me to give running another go, this time a sustained attempt... this time last year I could barely walk so never say never thanks...
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    Fantastic!!

I completed the program recently as well. When I started, I could not even run for 30 seconds so I had to add on my own 3 weeks before the program to be able to even complete week 1.

Now I am running a 5K in 33 minutes 3 times a week! You will be so amazed at how fast you can improve your times/ distances.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I share your sentiment about running. I'm not a fan. I don't even like walking really fast, because it makes my short little shins hurt. But, I must say, that I am beginning to be inspired by pals who have done color runs and folks such as yourself who are doing the C25K thing.

Congratulations on your achievement! (And, I think that it's okay to still not like running. I don't like flossing my teeth, but I do it.)

Again, Kudos!
  • rynomite57
    rynomite57 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I remember peeing myself at the thought of running for 30 minutes, and even pulling the old attitude of "Why would I want to run for any longer than 5K?" Now, I consider them short, fun runs. Today, I'm training for a 10 Mile Run as well, and am actually excited about it.

Runner's high is a thing you get eventually. I never believed in it either. But I'm competitive. So for me, it kicks it when I realize I can do more than I did the day before or when I'm approaching a finish line. Yesterday I did 4.5 miles on a treadmill like it was nothing and felt like a champion, which is huge for me because I'm an outdoor runner and HATE The Machine.

You'll get there your high. Keep it up and keep going! And congrats!
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the c25k program. Today was the day I've been dreading since one day a couple of weeks ago when I realized I would be expected to run for 20 minutes straight. 20 minutes? YEAH RIGHT! And it's not like it gradually works up to that...it goes from 8 mins to 20 mins in ONE DAY. INSANE. But what's really insane? I DID IT! Yeah, I couldn't run for 3 mins straight a couple of months ago, and 3 weeks ago five minutes left me feeling like I was on the brink of death, but today I RAN FOR 20 MINUTES WITHOUT STOPPING OR GASPING FOR AIR!!!! WHOOOO!

p.s. I still hate running and I think the "runners high" thing is a myth, but I'm definitely proud of myself!

I chuckled when I read this. Because yesterday I did WK4 D1, and I thought, there is no way in the space of another 5 runs I will be able to complete 20 minutes without stopping. But I figure I am going to have to. So, I am glad I saw your post. Also, I hate running too, the best part is when it is over. However, I believe in the high. I have two sons who are runners and I use to be a distance runner. Endorphins are awesome, just waiting for them to kick in.
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! That is a great NSV!!

I just started the C25K app on my phone tonight. I had to cut it short a few minutes because dinner was in the oven and I did not want it to burn. I thought I was going to die, I could really tell how extremely out of shape I am in right now. WOW>

I do have a question though... the C25K on my phone just has Week 1 Day 1, 2, and 3 then it goes to Week 2 Day 1, 2, and 3. Do you just do this program 3 days a week or do you do each Day twice for the whole week with maybe 1 rest day on the 7th day?? I am sorry to sound so dumb, but the app did not come with instructions.

You run 3 times a week, I run on Sun/Tues/Thurs. That's why there are only 3 days in the program.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!