Any moms with advice on how to loose baby weight?

Options

Replies

• lavender91
    Options
    If you have a bicycle and somewhere to ride it, buy a baby bike seat. Read up on the age guidelines etc. Pop baby in, off you go.

I went from 143lbs to 120lbs from February-July one year, from doing this, I was probably cycling about 10 miles per week plus going out for occasional walks and doing a bit of yoga. Also my DD loved it :)

(then I put weight back on a few years later *facepalm*)
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I don't breast feed. It just didn't happen even though I wanted it to. My lo is 5 months old, and the weight has been steadily coming off. If your stomach stills looks pregnant then you might have ab separation, and it can be fixed if you do. I got the Bellefit, and I no longer have it after 5 months post-partum. You can also do tranverse ab exercises to if you have it. Other than that, I am just doing cardio and a little weight lifting. I also found out my TDEE which has helped, and I eat a 20% deficient of it. www.fat2fit.com is where you can figure out yours. I decided to not focus on the scale, but rather my measurements. Feel free to add me! :)
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You need to give yourself time. It took you 10 months to put the weight on, expect it to take 10 for it to come off. Be healthy, eat healthy, exercise, and your body will lose it. But expecting it to come off right away is unrealistic. I could not breastfeed because I never produced milk so for me it was a difficult task to burn extra cals a day, just give yourself time. It took me about 10 months to lose the weight with each of my kiddos! Your body has built up stores it needed for pregnancy, so losing it (everywhere) is going to take healthy eating and exercise. Be patient and enjoy your baby moments!!! And CONGRATS! =)
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    The thinnest I've ever been was when I was breastfeeding my son.
    They literally eat you. lol.
  • AngelineTheBaker
    AngelineTheBaker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Before I had my son, I could just eat Lean Cuisines and lose weight. But afterwards, WHAT I ate was much more important. My body responds well to paleo -- no dairy, no grains, no legumes.

I miss grains, but I'm no spring chicken anymore.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mom and would love some advice on how you moms lost your baby weight? I seemed to put it on everywhere! Most of it has gone but I'm stuck with a belly and fat thighs. Would love to hear of success stories and how you did it!!

I didn't nurse. When my baby was 2 months old I joined weight watchers - took me about 10 months to lose the weight I gained (50lbs) minus 10 under my pre-pregnancy weight. It'll fly off once your baby is more active because you'll be chasing them all the time! I gained weight in places I didn't know I had! It definitely changed my body-just a fact of life. Just eat right, exercise, sleep...it'll come off :)
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    You LOSE baby weight the same way you LOSE any weight: eat smart and exercise.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

ETA: lift weights! Read New Rules of Lifting for Women. I am seeing very nice results since I started 2 months ago.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    The thinnest I've ever been was when I was breastfeeding my son.
    They literally eat you. lol.

Ain't that the truth! I don't know what I'm going to do when I'm done. I'll have to adjust to eating less.
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Stay active and limit the junky food. Take baby for a walk every day. You'll both enjoy the fresh air. :)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Here's what worked for me after the last baby, and I'm doing it all over again. :smile:
    1. Patience.
    2. Get moving every day. Even when you are exhausted--that's when you need it the most. It will do more for you than just make you look good. If you can't put baby down for very long, move with baby. Most babies love to be included in exercise.
    3. Plan ahead. Stock up on healthy "quick grab" options.

Unfortunately, breastfeeding doesn't do it for me. :wink:
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options

ETA: lift weights! Read New Rules of Lifting for Women. I am seeing very nice results since I started 2 months ago.

Thanks for the book recc!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Also please do this to figure out if you have ab separation.. easy quick test to try before starting your workout regime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OayM54bmQig

EDIT: Thanks Sarahbeth
  • HonoriaLucasta
    HonoriaLucasta Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding and starting to run again (a couple of months PP) got me down to just a few pounds over pre-baby by four or five months. I didn't lose those last pounds until I stopped BF-ing at a year (and I mean RIGHT at one year, I cut that kid off on his birthday :)) and they were gone within a month (I think it was mostly my boobs, to be honest - my smallest jeans fit again before then). I was worried that I'd gain it back, but I totally lost my appetite for a couple of months when I stopped BFing so I didn't have a problem recalibrating how much I was eating.

I stayed pretty active throughout the pregnancy which I think helped. My hips spread out a little bit though; I have some shorts that I don't think will ever fit right again - but I doubt anyone would notice that but me.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    i don't know. i kept 5 lbs from each baby and they're in their 20's now.
  • FitBrit91
    Options
    How to lose baby weight? WORK YOUR *kitten* OFF!!!!!
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    If you are doing everything right and nothing is happening for you, get your hormone levels checked. If you know your hormone levels have trouble, wait for them to settle down.

It took 2 years of patience for me before my Aunt Flo and Thyroid levels got on speaking terms, and ONLY then, did any of my hard work start to pay off. Only then did the scale start to move for me. >_< Hormone disruptions like pregnancy and breast feeding can really throw a wrench into the works, so be patient, PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR BODY, and don't be afraid to talk to your doctor about what's going on with you.
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more :)
  • kseelos
    kseelos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Breastfeed. I've had 2 pregnancies, gained ~40 lbs both times (although more than typical water weight at the end), and it all came off by their first birthdays. I didn't actively try to loose weight, just ate reasonably and got exercise when I had time. I love doing pilates since it is relaxing, I can do it in my living room, and helps tone those abused core muscles. I think the key is to be patient, though. Don't stress - you've got more important things to think about now. Once you have a mobile toddler you'll get more exercise naturally, too. =)
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    My diet has always been very clean. However, I still gained too much - 60 pounds during pregnancy. Thinking it runs in my family somehow - my mom gained 90 with me.?

For me, I lost 20 before I left the hospital. Then, nursing alone took off 40 pounds in the first nine months. At my age, 30s at the time, I still did not look great like I did pre-pregnancy. So, I started doing Jorges Cruise's 8 minutes in the morning. It incorporated my already clean diet with some high rep light weight weight lifting for 8 minutes and some walking. Three months later, for my daughter's first birthday, I was the fittest I had ever been.
  • davery1985
    davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have a 21 month old daughter and i joined my fitness pal when she was 9 months old. I decided to just walk pretty much every other day for about an hour everytime. Its taken me 12 months to lose the weight, its been annoying to say the least, but hey it came off eventually! Just glad i stuck with it! I think you just need to have loads of patience, it will come off eventually. Add me if you need any support, i know how hard it is xx