So excited to get started! Looking for friends :)

Options
I heard about this site from a good friend and how it helped her reach her weight loss goals, so I decided to give it a shot! I hope that this will help me reach a healthy weight and of course help me learn how to keep it that way. I just moved to Corpus Christi Texas with my husband for his job so not only am I new to Myfitnesspal, but I'm also new to my geographical location :)

Any advice or motivation will always be appreciated! Thank you and I look forward to meeting everyone!!

Replies

• yurika975
    yurika975 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Welcome to the board and to Texas (I'm in Houston). I like to think that Texas people here are quite friendly lol. There's many helpful people here on the board. I joined months ago but did not put time into it. That is changing. Tell us more about yourself. (I'll send you a friend request. I'm look for buddies too :)
  • BonnieFife
    BonnieFife Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey im looking for friends on here. Im on the other side of the world in bonnie Scotland lol but ive got 40lbs to lose and MFP is working for me i stick to logging everything on it, ive cut out alot of chocolate, crisps, biscuits, cakes, takeaways, mcdonalds (you would not believe the cals in those) i eat more fruit & have veg with most meals, have to say its working.....But heres what i do you will have heard of Jillian Michaels, im a mum of 3 with not much time on my hands so i started the 30 day shred 20mns a day (i manage to fit that in) so thats what i started doing & the inches are melting off, on weekends i do her Banish Fat boost Metabolism workout its about 50 mins. I feel so much better since i started doing the workouts its been less than 2 months & big difference....To start with i felt like i was going to die doing them but its got easier and easier, im no fitness fanatic but im all for this. So if you try it ~ hang on in there dont give up :)
  • Nina91_4ever
    Options
    Thanks guys!! Well my goal is to loose at least 30-40 pounds. I gained a lot of weight due to having my daughter and being a stay at home mother. I did graduate from Nursing school and just passed my exam! I plan to find a job soon in either pediatrics or geriatrics..not sure which setting i'm going to go with. I've been married for about 5 years now and I'm loving every minute of it! I just want to go back to the healthy weight I was at before I had my daughter. I feel like if I can just learn more recipes or exercise tips then I can stick to it and that's why i'm here. So nice to meet you guys!
  • Apples38
    Apples38 Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm 3 weeks in and loving it! Feel free to add me x
  • Mich3ll36
    Mich3ll36 Posts: 96
    Options
    hey there!!! add me if you'd like :-)
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    This site and the people on it are awesome xx
  • tay9411
    tay9411 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, I currently have no myfitnesspal friends and would love some. I started on march 1 and its been great so far!
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    y'all can add me
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends as well - I'm looking to lose about 100lbs total. :)
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and feel free to add me! That goes for anyone looking for friends!
  • scadgirl20
    scadgirl20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend invite now. You can do this :) I feel that having a huge support group helps. Anyone else on here also please feel free to add me. I log on daily and try to post a lot on different people's profiles.
  • Lainny21
    Lainny21 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I've been on here for almost a month. It would be great to have more encouragement. Feel free to add me. :D
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I am on here daily and always try to be supportive. :)
  • lorihart62
    Options
    I too had just started my good friend had put a bug in my ear for this and I hope I can loose the rest of my weight. I too am looking for many to add for my support team you sure can add me if you like :happy:
  • jweikel24
    jweikel24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Been on a while, getting back on track...need some friends to pull me through!
  • LoadsOfLbsOff
    Options
    I joined today

Feel free to add me also :)
  • barefootsoul91
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! There are plenty of groups you can join, for example, pretty much every month there is a challenge to either see progress in your workouts or lose weight/build muscle! It's a great community. FYI: There will be points in time when you want to give up!!! DON'T! :) After the plateau there will be results! Enjoy the site and post any time!

Lanie
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MPF and TEXAS!

Add me if you like, I log food and exercise daily and have an open diary.
  • luvnlifewithu
    Options
    Only 5 days in so far. This is great with motivation and tracking. I am also looking for friends to encourage and share ideas. ADD ME please and thank you =)
  • MichelleP816
    MichelleP816 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Congrats on starting.